Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i think im gay can u help

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i think im gay can u help

hey,

i just wanted to get it out but im not sure can anyone help me to figure out my situation well g2g

• What makes you think that you are gay?

Comment

• I am bi-sexual so I was wondering what would make you think that you are gay. Also how old are you and have you been with men and women?

Comment

• It's always great getting anything out of your system...

Does it really matter if you are?

Not concerned from this end, but if you want to add more to what you wrote, who knows what answers you might get?

CW
        PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Why not give it a try?

I mean, to be honest, I think a lot of sexual confusion comes from not being with women, or not being fulfilled by the woman you are with, so you might convince yourself that it'd be better with another guy/girl who you understand.

If you try to repress it, it'll grow and become stronger, if you try it, you might just think "ok, that wasn't what I'd grown to expect/fantasized about - actually I was wrong and just confusing myself". Or you might like it, and think that you're 10% gay 90% straight. You might think that you are gay, and if you realise that that is the case, you'll be happier in the long run knowing.

Comment

• Couldnt agree more anon. Like I said, I am bi, came to terms with that a few years ago, just before I got married actually(now we are divorced). He knew I had feelings for women, not like I went sleeping around or anything, just REALLY appreciate the softness of a woman. There is nothing wrong with being confused or trying new things. Coming to terms with who you are can be the most gratifying experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Happy1 View Post
              Couldnt agree more anon. Like I said, I am bi, came to terms with that a few years ago, just before I got married actually(now we are divorced). He knew I had feelings for women, not like I went sleeping around or anything, just REALLY appreciate the softness of a woman. There is nothing wrong with being confused or trying new things. Coming to terms with who you are can be the most gratifying experience.

Well said!!

Comment

• you might not be a teen but the info is still very relevant

You’re asking some important questions. I assume you’re male, though sometimes females who are homosexual (lesbians) also refer to themselves as gay. We don’t have space here to discuss everything I’d like to talk about with you. So, let me answer briefly and then suggest some resources for you.

First, about sexual orientation. If you draw a line that is solid black at one end and solid white at the other, there would be different shades of gray in the line connecting the two ends. One end would stand for “gay/lesbian/homosexual” and the other would stand for “straight/heterosexual.” A person’s sexual orientation may fall very close to one of the ends, or it might be closer to the middle. (As you probably know, some people feel sexually attracted to both males and females; these people are “bisexual.”) If you’ve felt you were gay since you were a kid, you probably fall pretty close to the homosexual end of the line. I’d like you and other teenagers to know, though, that during adolescence it is pretty common to have a sexual experience with someone of your own gender. By itself, that doesn’t mean you are homosexual; it means you are learning to experience yourself as a sexual person.

Now, more about you. At this point, you don’t have to tell anyone anything about your sexual orientation. You know that some people believe that homosexuality is “wrong” (as if you had a choice about your sexual orientation!). I think you will be better prepared to handle any prejudice you might encounter after you’re a little more certain of yourself.

On the other hand, I think it would be really helpful if you were able to identify a trusted person with whom you could discuss your questions. For a few teenagers, this might be a parent. If you have a trusting relationship with your doctor, that could be a good place to start. I’d recommend that you ask your doctor to promise to keep your discussion just between the two of you before you get started.

Probably it will be easiest to talk with someone who’s had similar questions. Do you have any friends who are gay? Is there a gay/lesbian resource center in your community? Or, you could check out a few reliable sites on the Internet (listed at the end of this article). Finally, see what’s at your local biggest bookstore, because they’re bound to have some good stuff.

About dating: if there’s someone you’d really like to ask out because you’re attracted to him, consider it. But remember to take it slow and to take care of yourself. Sexually active people, homosexual or straight, are at risk for sexually transmitted diseases. (Have you had your hepatitis A and B immunizations?)

Finally, if you’ll allow me another bit of advice: we know that becoming a sexual person is an incredibly exciting experience. For many people, the “becoming” part lasts for a decade or longer. Read, talk and take your time. Then trust yourself to know when you’re ready for another step along the road.

Comment

• I fought being gay since birth. I'm 21,and I came out last April. Everyone knew but me.... well I knew, I was just trying to avoid it. I was brought upin Georgia with a gay aunt (I didn't live with her) and I saw her struggles with love and life and I didnt want to go through that myself.... but since I've come to terms with who (not what) I am, my life is going so much more smoothly, and I found a partner who I love more than life itself.... I thank my lucky stars every day for her.... she's my world.... just to give you a little perspective and possibly some hope.
                  ~A wrong is unredressed when it is unaddressed. If you don't stand up for yourself, who will?
                  ~Brandi:cool:

Comment

• This thread is nearly 12 months old, look at the date up the top, left hand corner..

Basically if you are wanting to give advise to the actual poster, she has long gone.

Perhaps start your own thread as a topic for discussion.

CW

Comment

• oops.... new to here, but you knew that.
                      ~A wrong is unredressed when it is unaddressed. If you don't stand up for yourself, who will?
                      ~Brandi:cool:

Comment

• LOL..

Yep.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                        X