Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The cute anesthesiologist

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The cute anesthesiologist

Hello everyone!
    It's my first time posting on here and I just want to seek some advice/input about my situation. I work at a hospital in the operating room as a pharmacy technician and it is a VERY fast paced work environment. I interact with most people, but there are so many staff that it's a bit hard to make lasting connections with people. Anyway, this anesthesia resident has caught my eye and I feel like I might have caught his too, but I'm not sure if I'm reading too much into the signs or if there is really something there. Keep in mind that these signs happen VERY quickly in our day because we're so busy and I haven't had any chances to strike up a real conversation with him.

-We have acknowledged each other and say hi when we see each other
    -Once he stopped me in my path and gave me a wrapper or something and I jokingly said "thanks!" and as I walked away I believe I felt him touch my shoulder
    -Somehow that led to me flirting with him the next day and I told him I should give him something for that generous "gift" he gave me I offered him chocolate that I had
    -Other times we have ran into each other he'd jokingly ask "where's my chocolate? haha" and I said I didn't have any but I would bring him some the next day! He said he would bring me some too.
    -The following day we exchanged chocolate and we had a small conversation, but man I was really starting to like him so I was fidgety and kept dropping things. I'm not positive but he seemed to just look at me the whole time I was talking. I was so nervous that I couldn't look right at him.
    -When we saw each other again I called him chocolate guy and he called me chocolate girl
    -I went on vacation and my coworker said he peeked into the pharmacy a few times and seemed to look for me
    -I didn't see him much when I returned from vacation, and I was secretly hoping that he would come find me or try to find ways to talk to me
    -The other day I ran into him and we both said hi, and as I walked past him he nudged his arm out on purpose and we brushed skin, and then he asked me for chocolate again...I feel like the chocolate thing is an excuse to interact

Then there are times when I don't seem him for days, and days when he's nearby but doesn't try to come up and talk or anything, so I'm getting mixed signals! I know he is really busy though - he's a doctor, I can't expect him to leave everything to flirt with me.The reason I find all of this odd is because it's pretty hard for people to make friends in our work environment - most conversations are strictly work related. Everyone is friendly, but I have never ever seen anyone be as friendly/flirty as he is with me with my other coworkers. Any input about this is appreciated!
    Last edited by sleepingsand; 07-28-2017, 06:53 PM.

• I'm not a big fan of relationships in the work place.
    What year resident is he? And how old are you?

Time will tell tho, whether there's a budding romance. Just be careful. This could potentially tarnish your reputation, and his, if this advanced and especially if it subsequently goes sour.
    Proceed cautiously my dear

Comment

• It seems to me he is really interested in you. But it is hard to say it it a willing for friendship or something more.
      Nevertheless, any friendship can move to love some day )
      I just want to say that there are plenty of things which can help you to start new relationships.
      I can recommend a book about all this things, it is for free - In it you will discover different ways to fight with your fears and be happy at last!
      I've read it and in several months met a good man. Now he is my husband
      Last edited by jns; 07-30-2017, 04:32 PM. Reason: Outbound links are not allowed.

Comment

• atskitty has got a point. Proceed with caution. You want him to catch onto how you're feeling, without pushing him away. Take it slow. There is every chance you two could hit it off, but take your time. Not too much time, though! He may well find you cute, as well. Get to know him over coffee and treat him as a friend to start with. Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
          I'm not a big fan of relationships in the work place.
          What year resident is he? And how old are you?
          The workplace is a great place to meet people - much better than a bar, and who meets people in libraries anymore? :-)
          It could very well be that you make this guy just as nervous as he makes you - that's certainly happened to me! - and he hardly knows what to say.
          Why not just be upfront with him? Tell him you forgot the chocolate, but ask if you could buy him a coffee instead? The poor guy has probably spent so many years with his head down studying, he has no idea how to talk to a woman - especially one who makes him nervous.
          My wife (of 25 years) still tells people stories of how nervous I used to act around her!
          Good luck!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• How many sex toys is too many?

My husband went into my nightstand drawer to find a book light, and this is what I hear.
            "Jeez, how many of these things do you have?!?"...

01-21-2021, 06:39 PM By Wednesday L.F.
          • Birth Control & Infertility

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill ****Yaz**** almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception....

01-16-2021, 11:03 AM By Mr.King

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill ****Yaz**** almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception....

01-16-2021, 11:02 AM By Mr.King

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill *Yaz* almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception. I have...

01-16-2021, 10:57 AM By Mr.King
          • Opinions needed please ! HPV/bartholin cyst??

Hi guys , this is my first post here I’m hoping someone can give me some insight or maybe you have been through something similar an can share ! I’m...

01-08-2021, 04:05 AM By Nikkie92
          Working...
          X