Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get over an abusive relationship?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get over an abusive relationship?

I am so tired.

Tired of arguing, making excuses up for our relationship. I have been emotionally abused for 12 years now. I am in therapy he went twice and always has an excuse. I tried, tried and obviously tried again and again. I am done. I have 4 kids and I am done. I need to get my self together and do what is right for them and me. I feel so bad I waited so long, but I am scared and alone. The people I did have are now deceased MOM and DAD. How can I still love him but then I think? How can I love him? If I don't love my self?

I need help learning to love my self, love my children better because I love them more then anything in the world. Most of all we all need a confidence booster. I am still afraid not of him hurting me but I don't know what. He was always there in a manipulative way. He helped when I needed him the most. Unless I broke up with him.

He is a hermit, he don't hit on us. Just angry, bitter and controlling.

I need hints, tips and words of encouragement that I can carry with me... Please help.

Thank you...

• As hard as it is to leave, once you are free you will feel great. Go for it.

Comment

• Bascially you know the answer.

LOVE YOURSELF.

And, from that, and the love of your children, you will not be frightened of anything, you will not accept anything that is not what you want out of life, or "type" .

A manipulative person who is emotionally abusive and controlling, will bring you down to their level to keep you... Making you lose your identity / friends... So you feel like nothing and know no-one.

Start finding out what you like about yourself, life in general, what the kids would like and start living.

Buy yourself something nice, or change the colour of your hair or paint your nails.

It's time to be all woman, your own woman... And, the woman for you and for your children.

As for him? We love sometimes just because we want to be loved.

Yet, if we love ourselves, only people that can embrase that enter our lives.
      PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• An emotional abuser looses a lot of their power when you realize that they are an abuser, an enemy, someone out to cause you harm, not to help you. When you realize that they will make up anything to be hurtful. When you realize that their opinion of you is simply not important.

An abuser will try to isloate you from friends and family - so make friends, contact family. He has no right to ask who you are talking to, or where you have been. If he EVER escalates to physical abuse call the police, press charges. This is not someone who made a mistake in sudden anger, this is someone with a pattern of abuse.

Comment

• A tip in loving yourself,

See yourself through the eyes of your children, see how much they love and need you.

Best wishes.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Sex with my daughters Boyfriend???

Long story short, this guy has been with my daughter for 10 years. They just bought a house and had a new-born. After retiring, I've been helping out...

06-15-2021, 09:35 PM By BlondeCougar
          • Normal to Like Significant Other Walking Around Nude in House with a Bush?

Is it normal to like your partner to walk around fully nude in the house with a bush? To enjoy looking at "big chest" and "big behind"?...

06-14-2021, 05:14 PM By lakeocean
          • Erotica

I love erotica! It’s such a fun way to get off. Stimulating the mind and body at the same time. If you like to read erotica too, I’d like to know...

06-09-2021, 12:14 PM By Zoë T.
          • Ever Tried Laser Hair Removal?

I’m interested in getting laser hair removal for my pubic hair and armpits. I’m worried about the pain aspect of laser hair removal - if you’ve...

06-09-2021, 11:40 AM By Zoë T.
          • Grower vs Shower

Does anybody have experience with a guy's penis changing significantly in length when getting hard?? Or not changing at all? I've only experienced a tiny...

06-03-2021, 04:40 PM By Julia W.
          Working...
          X