Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't get over my ex no matter what I do. Need advice?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't get over my ex no matter what I do. Need advice?

Hi, I need some advice on getting over my ex.
    I now have a wonderful fiance and a baby boy. Before i got engaged and had a baby, ****sigh**** i cheated on my current fiance with my ex.
    Yes i know, i was very disgusted with myself and i hate myself for it. Thing is, my ex was very special to me. He was my first boyfriend, first kiss, first love, we took each others virginity...he's just very special. So when he started texting me again, saying he misses me very much and he wants to be with me, it was so hard to turn it down.
    Well, we broke up in 2010 but in 2011 we started talking again, and it got out of control, I then cheated on my boyfriend at the time (now my fiancé) and he broke up with me, but then we got back together the next day.
    What makes it worse is I have to go to school with my ex. In the same building, same lunch room, and same hallway at times.
    The pain still hurts so much to this day when he broke up with me. I feel like without him, I wouldn't be whole. He stands out in a crowd, his voice gets my attention immediately. He gives me butterflies that nobody else has given me before. I break down crying just typing this.
    Please don't get me wrong, I love my fiancé very very much. He has done so much for me and I love him and my beautiful baby boy to pieces.
    My ex tells me he still loves me and wants to be with me but knows it will never happen again, and it won't happen again....but just thinking that it will never happen again breaks my heart into a million pieces.
    I don't know, I just can't get over him...I've tried and tried....I just needed to let it out. Thanks for listening

And I know what I did was very cruel of me, I shouldn't of done it.

• First boyfriends are always extremely hard to get over "until" you fall in "love" with someone that ticks all the boxes and more.

You still love this guy so you aren't letting your fiance truly and fully into your life.

I am a little confused, who's baby is it? Daddy wise.

And, why can you two never get back together again..

Ask yourself apart from the bond you two developed naturally from being the first everything, was he really "everything"... Chemistry as well, of two bodies is also hard to break but if you were to compare the two of them, where "love" is concerned, true love, verses chemistry and "first", who would be the better man?

I'm thinking this guy now. But you are shutting him out as you haven't got closure of your ex, why....What do you need to close the door.
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Originally posted by CHANDLERS WISH View Post
      First boyfriends are always extremely hard to get over "until" you fall in "love" with someone that ticks all the boxes and more.

You still love this guy so you aren't letting your fiance truly and fully into your life.

I am a little confused, who's baby is it? Daddy wise.

And, why can you two never get back together again..

Ask yourself apart from the bond you two developed naturally from being the first everything, was he really "everything"... Chemistry as well, of two bodies is also hard to break but if you were to compare the two of them, where "love" is concerned, true love, verses chemistry and "first", who would be the better man?

I'm thinking this guy now. But you are shutting him out as you haven't got closure of your ex, why....What do you need to close the door.

Thanks for the good reply. My baby's dad is my fiancé 100%. I know my fiancé is the one for me, we really are like soul-mates....it's just so hard to get over him seeing him around all the time. Plus the memories keep coming back and makes it harder to get over him. I guess it's just because he took my first for everything, as I did him. That's what keeps us "connected" I suppose.

Comment

• I think as you grow with your fiance' and time passes and you grow to love him more and more, your ex will be a memory, a good one I imagine, but one.

What I can say to you is that, "chemistry" is very much on a man's mind. Be mindful of that.. Often, they want more, of what they had, remember and will attempt to have a person have sex with them based on "memory", it's past He can get it elsewhere.

Best wishes in your new life as that is what it is.

Comment

• Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by CHANDLERS WISH View Post
            I think as you grow with your fiance' and time passes and you grow to love him more and more, your ex will be a memory, a good one I imagine, but one.
            What CW said.
            I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
            Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Sourpuss used to write that, only " What he said" Miss some of the oldern days JNS
              Last edited by CHANDLERS WISH; 03-31-2013, 09:49 PM. Reason: soupuss? WT? Baha

Comment

• I haven't seen Sourpuss posting for a while. I hope she is well and things are going fine for her.
                I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Normal to Like Significant Other Walking Around Nude in House with a Bush?

Is it normal to like your partner to walk around fully nude in the house with a bush? To enjoy looking at "big chest" and "big behind"?...

Today, 05:14 PM By lakeocean
                • Erotica

I love erotica! It’s such a fun way to get off. Stimulating the mind and body at the same time. If you like to read erotica too, I’d like to know...

06-09-2021, 12:14 PM By Zoë T.
                • Ever Tried Laser Hair Removal?

I’m interested in getting laser hair removal for my pubic hair and armpits. I’m worried about the pain aspect of laser hair removal - if you’ve...

06-09-2021, 11:40 AM By Zoë T.
                • Grower vs Shower

Does anybody have experience with a guy's penis changing significantly in length when getting hard?? Or not changing at all? I've only experienced a tiny...

06-03-2021, 04:40 PM By Julia W.
                • thinking of separation

and getting an apt

edited to say:
                  changed mind as husband is going to build me 1st floor bedroom

2 story house difficult...

06-02-2021, 02:19 PM By amy40
                Working...
                X