Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't want sex with my boyfriend :(

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't want sex with my boyfriend :(

I love my boyfriend more than anything in the world and we have an amazing relationship..

Except I just can't seem to want sex it's nothing he does wrong, I'm definitely attracted to him and a lot of the time I really want sex but just can't seem to do it. I'm a confident person so it's not self asteem issues and we're only 20. We've been together around 2 years and at first I wantedsex all the time but I just can't seem to get it back. It's getting between us because I know it gets him down and effects him emotionally but I don't even know how to explain to him when we do have sex I'll feel gross after and feel like I want to cry and can be quite hostile as I feel I've done something I don't want to do.

Please help me I want to enjoy sex again!!

• Any medical changes, new birth control or something else physical that could be causing this? Do you desire (at least as a fantasy) sex with anyone, and do you masturbate? Is there anything he is doing or not doing that is causing you to now want sex?

A good sex life is important to a relationship, so you need to try to figure this out.

Comment

• Well I am pregnant, but this starting slightly before I conceived. I just don't want it with anyone, don't even think about it. But everything else is perfect so I don't want this to ruin everything I just really don't know what I can do to get my sex drive back and he tries everything.

Comment

• Could be hormone changes from your pregnancy, or maybe stress. Sorry, out of suggestions, hopefully other posters will have some ideas.

Comment

• You might explore what you are associating with sex. If you were intentionally trying to conceive, then your thoughts and beliefs around getting pregnant, motherhood, birth, your sense of who you are going to be now that you are mother can all play a role in how you feel about sex.

You may not be doing this intentionally or consciously, but if you believe or are thinking, "I am now pregnant or soon will be pregnant, that means a painful, dangerous birth. It also means I will loose my sexy shape and people will look at me differently. And it isn't proper for mothers to be sexual beings. Etc. Etc." your libido could be seriously impacted.

If you didn't intend to get pregnant, you could be thinking, "Oh ********, now I'm tied to this guy forever. And there go my plans for the future. And how am I going to be a mother? Etc. Etc." Those thoughts, too, would impact your libido.

Be honest with yourself. What thoughts and beliefs do your have about this pregnancy, motherhood and this relationship?

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Normal to Like Significant Other Walking Around Nude in House with a Bush?

Is it normal to like your partner to walk around fully nude in the house with a bush? To enjoy looking at "big chest" and "big behind"?...

Today, 05:14 PM By lakeocean
          • Erotica

I love erotica! It’s such a fun way to get off. Stimulating the mind and body at the same time. If you like to read erotica too, I’d like to know...

06-09-2021, 12:14 PM By Zoë T.
          • Ever Tried Laser Hair Removal?

I’m interested in getting laser hair removal for my pubic hair and armpits. I’m worried about the pain aspect of laser hair removal - if you’ve...

06-09-2021, 11:40 AM By Zoë T.
          • Grower vs Shower

Does anybody have experience with a guy's penis changing significantly in length when getting hard?? Or not changing at all? I've only experienced a tiny...

06-03-2021, 04:40 PM By Julia W.
          • thinking of separation

and getting an apt

edited to say:
            changed mind as husband is going to build me 1st floor bedroom

2 story house difficult...

06-02-2021, 02:19 PM By amy40
          Working...
          X