Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will I meet a guy who loves me

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will I meet a guy who loves me

I'm 22 and I just have no luck with boys. Girls around me are settled with their partners around 3 years and I'm just getting messed around by boys. I was with a guy 2 months and left it as he was not interested and realised he was also chatting to another girl who he's now with. He never showed me off but does with her. Other boys have treated me crap, slept with me then left me on the side and everyone who did this now have girlfriends. All my girlfriends have partners while I'm a lonely 22 year old who nobody wants. If a guy gets close with me, next thing he's in a relationship and it seems so unfair. I feel lonely and left out and would love to find my soulmate. I'm out going and fun too but this brings me down and my friends in relationships don't know what to say. Please give me advice xx

• What's your hurry dear?
    I think you're going to be much happier if you look at yourself, your life and what you have going for you, rather than comparing yourself to everyone around you.

Enjoy the single life! Really! I know it can be tough to be the only one alone in your circle of friends, but it's really OK Hon.
    Your time will come when it's right for you. Until then focus on your hobbies, your career, travel, or whatever makes you happy. Having a relationship is a very small part of life, so don't make it a bigger priority than it is.
    I'm a 44 yr old divorced woman. Been single 5 yrs and lived to tell about it. Dating is a very small part of life. Enjoy all life has to offer aside from a relationship. When the right guy comes along, you'll be better prepared, ready and much more appreciative of what that adds to your life.
    Hugs.

Comment

• Lack of self esteem. Lack of self confidence. Not understanding your worth. Those are your main issues right there.

You're very young. There is no rush in settling down. I understand you want to date and have relationships, but I'm guessing you're giving off a "desperate" vibe to guys and so you're attracting the absolute WRONG ones. BE who you want to attract. This is the time in your life to grow, figure out who you are, who you want to be, etc.
      "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Lily
        Are you in college or working? If your friends are your age, it's surprising to me that they've already been settled for 3 years now. That seems young to be settled already. What do you think?

Comment

• I am nearly 23, so I have graduated from university. My friends were in relationships throughout university.

Comment

• Everyone is different. A friend of mine in now 30-31 and is a month into her first REAL relationship. She's a pretty girl, was just so desperate to find someone that her desperation showed to men as weakness and so she attracted all the wrong ones. She finally started living life for herself, got a better job, got her own place, got a dog, started working out and began feeling better and all of a sudden......Mr. Right appeared. :-)
            "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• I agree with atskitty2: you should be in no hurry. You're young and have your whole life ahead to meet Mr Right. You need to be happy with your life to attract the right man. If you're happy, healthy and enjoying your life then Mr Right will be attracted to you. He's not going to want to date you if you're lonely and miserable. I am not saying you're a loser or anything but maybe you're giving off negative vibes to potential boyfriends. They know you are being negative so they use you and leave you in the lurch. I'd hold off the dating for a while, find a consuming passion and work on living the best life you can. Enjoy your days, meet your friends and just be true to yourself. And suddenly Mr Right appears.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
              X