Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting fit for him?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting fit for him?

Okay, Ive always been kind of chunky and been up and down with my wieght during highschool I finally got a handle on my wieght, I was right around 175-180lbs now for most people they consider that over wieght but for the way my body shape is I looked just right and felt great! Iwouldnt even try to get under 175lbs.

Now Im about 240lbs! Ever since me and my fiance met Ive been steadily gaining(hes 6'4" and 170lbs) til I reached that mark. He knows I wiegh that much and hes always said I was beautiful to him and from his actions towards me I believe it! But now since hes gone to bootcamp Im kind of worried hes going to come out more in shape and buff or whatever and expect the same of me, or no long like the way I look.

So Im thinking about start going to the gym next week, since he comes back in december for 10days, but I dont want to be only going to the gym because Im scared of him thinking Im not good enough once he comes back. Have any of you women felt that way?

The picture below is a picture I just took (excuse me for looking a hot mess!), I currently wieght 240lbs. Sometimes I think I look good, sometimes I think I look bad. Honestly when I do start going to the gym next week I dont expect to lose enough wieght to be back at 170-185lbs, but I think its reasonable to try to lose atleast 20-30lbs!

resized.jpg

So Im just wondering if any other women have felt like this?
    If you don't support our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

• Go ahead with your plan. At your age it should be easy enough to lose weight if you are disciplined about it. The way to do it is to control your diet. If you have something that keeps you busy so you don't eat between meals it is better. One thing to eat only rarely is fast food as it is usually way too calorie rich. But give yourself reasonable rewards when you hit your milestones. Learn how to count calories and substitute lower calorie foods you like.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Oh yes Iknow how to count calories and keep records of what calories Ive eaten and such. Im very sure it should be easy for me to lose weight at my age with healthier eating habits and exercise, but thats not really my problem.

My problem more or less is me feeling like since my fiance is gone to bootcamp and Im sure hes going to come out extremely fit, I wonder if hes going to expect the same form me, even though he knew how I was before he left or that he may want me to change or not tihnk Im good enough.

I do lack motivation for losing weight alot of times, because Iam for th emost part comfortable with myself mainly because of him loving me, and I dont really want to use the fact that Im scared I have to be physically fit for him because hes going to be a hunk to lose weight!

Its kind of like a scare tactic! lol
      If you don't support our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

Comment

• I'm sure he will love you no matter what weight you are. It will be better for you and your self image to lose some weight. But I'm also sure he will like some softness about you and not hold you to his body leanness. Lose weight in a sustainable pattern.
        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• The most important thing is to do this for yourself and not for anyone else. Getting & staying in-shape is a diet and exercise lifestyle change that takes commitment for it to truly pay-off. Set realistic goals, make it a habit and ideally find a work-out partner to keep you on-schedule. You'll get there!

Comment

• I don't think you should consider it losing it for him as much as for YOURSELF.... even if him getting fit is your 'motivation' it would still be doing it for you, to make you feel good about yourself. Motivation , in any form , shouldnt be frowned on, the bottom line is if you get yourself fit... you'll reap the rewards. He obviously loves you and your body exactly as it is. But for the health of your relationship as far as , being at the same pace, being able to enjoy the same activities... it would be really beneficial to be fitness minded so that the two of you could be active together. You wouldn't want it where he wants to do all kinds of activities that you have to sit out because you don't have the energy etc. Your young so I am sure your weight isn't affecting you in that way, but as you age... the more weight, the less you can do... etc.

So despite how good you feel you look (and I personally think you look fantastic)... its more about how you feel inside, your overall health and energy level and trying to live a lifestyle that is condusive to longevity and quality of lving. Talk to your dr about what a healthy weight for your body would be, its more important that your heart, organs and bones are being protected from the ills of being the wrong weight for your body. Talk to a doctor about whats healthy for you, and have them reccomend how many calories a day you should be eating to maintain or reduce your weight (you don't want to keep inclining upward in weight... its a slippery slope that can spin out of control SLOWLY so that you don't notice until its a big problem.

You are a beautiful woman, you have a man that loves you... now you just have to love your future self enough to protect from the harms excess weight can bring it. So if your man coming back hunky gets you off the couch and into the gym, so be it...lol, it really is a mind game to lose weight and get fit, whatever tactics work for you are awesome, bottom line is its for you... no matter what gets you going.

I lost weight for myself, i try to keep it off for myself... but having a bf that loves my body and thinks I'm pretty as I am motivates me to keep myself fit and to improve myself even further. Him being proud of me pushes me to get on that stairmaster on a day I just don't feel like it. The way his eyes light up when he see's me in a new outfit gives me the strength to turn down that cookie.

So it sounds like I do it for him, but if you read between the lines, its for me, all for me.
            Last edited by Hopeless Dork; 09-24-2011, 12:41 AM.
            Scars remind us of where we've been...they don't have to dictate where we're going.

Comment

• The Photo showed, I could never Guess that that is 240 lbs..

It looks to be the " Normal " for Most peoples Height and Weight. You have Curves. And Well put.

You may wish to Firm Areas, which is through exercise and Diet. Fiance just went through Boot Camp, learned what exercises ( Duties) that turned his " Baby fat Body " into the Man Body.

And he may look changed to you. You can also change a bit by Toning and Firming, the places You wish to. While he is home, Maybe jog or Walk together, He can teach you things and you can teach him things.

One Key, is to Burn more calories than you take in **( this burns fat and reduces the body"s need to Store Fats ) But also you must not Starve the Muscle.

That is the dangerous thing. Fruits, Grains, Dairy, Proteins, are the 4 basic food groups, it's the Quantity and Quality. That counts in most peoples " BMI or Normal Weight/ Health. "

Diabetic's, Hypo glucose Intolerant, Lactose Intolerant, Wheat Intolerant, people all must find their own Special weight, Food intake and still try to be happy with their Physical shape.

It is a life Struggle for many. Including me. 5'7 128 lbs, should be 140-160, but bone structure does not support that and Metabolism won't either .

But I have a Daughter that is about 145-150 now, she is 5'6. looks Normal to me. Size 8-12 in pants. She went to 160 lbs and I never Noticed, she did, but she is well Rounded .

She is only 21 , don't care much about her Weight/ Heath/ until someone comments. Like Hey, your " Boobs look bigger " New Shirt ?

Or the infamous, from family & friends, Get a Belt girlfriend, you are Sagging. lol

The Point here is to feel your Best, look your Best and try to Maintain that. Good Feeling about Yourself. One thing I learned, long time ago is ..

Exercise is FREE !

Every time you use a body part, you are moving it, not letting it be dormant ( wasting) when older, that does slow, but if you keep up. you can keep up with the Youngers and Teach them.

And then you can also help others, Like me, Think I should be a certain Weight, gosh I am 20 lbs under and I will ** Sigh **.

I used to wear size 5 and no Boobs, had 5 kids, wore size 7-9, no boobs, lost 20 lbs, WOW BOOBS,. and now back to the Spread

Oh and 50 plus is when you Spread . The Love for Yourself and Others Around you.

Lol

Comment

• Like most men, he probably won't feel any different about you when he comes home from Bootcamp. He will more then likely be really happy just have you close by! But if you really want to get more fit, feel better and be more healthy in general you can absolutely do whatever you put your mind to! All you need is the right tools at your finger tips. Have you decided what you are going to do? What your goals are?

Comment

• In answer to your question, "Have any of you ever felt like this"? Yes! I have. My hubby is stick thin, but cutt. He can eat whatever he wants and never gain a pound! I on the other hand have had to fight tooth and nail to get where I was happy with my weight. He would always tell me he loved me, grab my butt and stuff. But in the back of my head I would talk negatively to myself thing he really wants me to lose weight. All I can say is stop listening to that voice! It is totally lying to you! You are great the way you are! And your man knows that or he would not be with you! But if you personally want to make a change, do it for you. I did. And I feel so much better now! Lost a bunch of weight and am continuing to slim down. Like I said above. It is possible if you put your mind to it and have the right tools (you don't have to have a gym) but whatever you do, commit to it and DO IT! I believe in you!

Comment

• I know how you feel about being comfortable at 180s, I was the same. What branch is your guy in now? He might come back from BMT (Basic Military Training) in better shape, because they work out a lot while they are there. If you can figure out how to do it, please let me know!!!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                    X