Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens?

What does it mean when the engagement ring and wedding band fall apart? (other than being cheaply made) Does it mean the relationship will fall apart too? Sure does feel like it sometimes. 

• It shouldn't, but why would someone buy such poorly made rings for a relationship that they want to last? Were they cheated or what?
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Its probably just poorly made.

Honestly my engagement ring is poorly made -_- hasnt broke or anything but on the bottom side theres alot of scratchs and stuff and I havent been rough with it. It came from Gordons. My fiance couldnt afford a nice ring yet so he did what he could and Im happy for that.

But I doubt just because they fell apart that it means your marriage is going too.
      If you don't support our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

Comment

• Honestly, unless you're going with titanium, you're going to have scratches, dings, and dents. If the rings are made of cheap materials, they will fall apart over time. It isn't a "sign" of anything, other than low quality materials. Not everyone can afford good metals for their rings, and there's nothing wrong with that. My wedding ring is made of high quality white gold, and it still gets scratches in it. My husband's ring is made of titanium, though, and unless it gets run over by a tank, nothing will be taking that ring down. lol

Comment

• I lost my wedding ring once, and me and my husband were going through a rough patch at the time......and really i though it was a sign our marraige was over for sure!!!! funny how we let things in to our minds somehow that probably have no truth whatsoever.....I never found my ring- but got a new one- and 2 years since we are still together, so dont worry - probably just not well made.....maybe get new ones...make a day of it- bring your partner and go for a meal after.... you never know it might lift your spirits

Comment

• or tungsten... I got my hubby one and it hasn't scratched.

Comment

• Originally posted by DSemcho View Post
              or tungsten... I got my hubby one and it hasn't scratched.
              Aw! That's what I meant, I swear! lol His ring is tungsten... At any rate, the main reason we decided on that metal was because when it gets crushed (like, under a car, whatever), it shatters instead of smashing. Very cool, and useful.

Comment

• There was a postcard sent into Post Secret a few weeks ago with a wedding ring taped onto it. She was quitting her marriage after having an affair. The man who runs Post Secret, Frank, sent back her ring and the couple is in counseling now. If sending a ring through the post taped to a card to a complete stranger (not to mention the affair) didn't ruin that marriage, I doubt the state of the ring on your finger is indicative of the state of your marriage. Just a coincidence.

I'm sure that mine and hubby's rings will have to be replaced one day when we've got a little money to throw around. Maybe that's a reminder that if everything stays the same, it can get stale and damaged - you have to refresh your marriage every once in a while
                <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• My ring was made well, but broke in 3 different spots around the setting. It took lots of abuse as I work with my hands and never take it off. I finally got frustrated as I didn't want to lose the jewel and had the ring re-set.

To answer your question. The ring is just a symbol, a thing. If it breaks its just a sign that there was a weakness in the metal, not your relationship. If you are having a ruff patch with your relationship, don't worry you are NOT ALONE! I have been married for over 14years and we all go through ups and downs. You just have to keep your head about you and decide that you will make it work. However it still takes 2 to tango.

So what is really bothering you?

Comment

• Originally posted by puglover View Post
                    So what is really bothering you?
                    Lots of things are bothering me. I really don't even know where to start. We both knew that my wedding set was cheaply made when I first got it and my husband promised that he would buy me a "real" wedding set as soon as he could. Well it has been 3 years and he has had the money many many times. This past week he took out a lone for $3,000 and spent it on a macbook pro laptop. He didn't even need it. He took me to the store and walked to the jewelry dept and asked me what rings I liked, there were a few that were alright but not something to get wowed about. I asked if i found one online for a decent price if he would get it for me, he said okay and that it would be fine. I found a beautiful ring on the Zales site, but apperently $360 is too expensive for my husband to spend on me. It makes me wonder how much I am worth? I had to pretty much beg him to pay for my glasses perscription and clothes for our boys, almost started world war 3.

Comment

• In relation to your first post I too wondered about things happening for a reason.
                      2 weeks before my wedding my husband to be changed our honeymoon location from Thailand to staying in a 'permanent tent' type structure in the bush for a week, yippee! While we were there he found some seeds and he decided that he would take them back home, we would plant the seeds in our Garden and it would be our 'Love tree'.

Well, 3 years later and the tree is only 600ml high and has no leaves though it is alive. Struggling, just like our relationship.

Though I do think about the tree and if it is a reflection of us and I honestly think it is just a coincidence.

Comment

• Just a quick update! My husband surprised me with a new ring the other day! It looks just like Princess Diana's engagement ring (the one Princess Kate has now)! I love it! I even embarassed him a little by doing a happy dance infront of a bunch of people!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                        X