Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Living with my boyfriend sister and her child

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living with my boyfriend sister and her child

Hello Everyone, for last 6 months I'm trying to make a difficult decission. My boyfriend of 2 years moved to London for work. He asked to me to join him and live comfortable life on his company expenses. I have to admit it was very tempting on the beggining. But as everything in life has a catch so is this one. His sister, who is divorced, has a child and very clumsy will live with us. She doesn't see a problem with that arrangemnt but I do. Big problem. I believe there can be only one woman of a house. And I'm so afraid o our privacy and building first new home for us. And longer I think about it I'm more convinced that I'm ready to sacrifice my relationship then live in my own he'll. Maybe one of you was in similar situation or have objective point of view. Please help!!!

• Would the arrangement with his sister and child be temporary? I guess it all depends on what the situation with her truly is. Can there only be one woman of the house? Ummm...... no. Just because another woman lives in your own doesn't mean she's the "boss". I do understand your worries of having a roomate interfere with your adjustment to living with your boyfriend.

Have you met her? What do you know of her?

I think it all depends on how serious you are about this relationship. If you truly believe this will be horrible for you and make you miserable, you shouldn't do it.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Obviously, your boyfriend has a good heart... He is supporting her in a tough time but he also wants you to be there, with him. You've waited 6 months...He obviously, has a decent job and may not ever return to Thailand, have you asked him this? What happens if you don't go....

If you are prepared to lose this relationship then are you in love really?

Where would your relationship head in his eyes? You talk about a home, your home together. Is that not a step of becoming a stronger bond together and does he realise that..

Maybe you can all move to another home one that has a flat attached as he gains more from his work, there will be options but one thing to ensure is that you have a ticket home...

I would not view his sister as another woman running the home, view her as a "guest" in a home of two people together in a relationship.

You need to talk to him about all of this properly, 6 months have passed already...Feelings can go over time as well...
      PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Thank you ladies for your responses. You helped me a lot!!!

Comment

• We'd love you to come back and tell us the outcome

Your decision and how it all panned out..

Comment

• I decided to stay in NY instead of going there. I have family here, job and a lot of friends. There I don't know anyone so would only have to depend on him. And I know he wouldn't give me as much attention as I would need. But thank you for very valid comments!!!

Comment

• There is someone for everyone If your intuition suggests it wouldn't be the right move or the right person for that matter, to satisfy "each others needs" then you've made the right decision for both of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Justpl View Post
                I decided to stay in NY instead of going there. I have family here, job and a lot of friends. There I don't know anyone so would only have to depend on him. And I know he wouldn't give me as much attention as I would need. But thank you for very valid comments!!!
                Good luck on your quest for a new bf. Hopefully your ex will find someone who can live comfortably in that situation.
                I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                X