Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Advice

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice

7 weeks ago my husband moved out. We had big fight, I got drunk and out of control and said some hateful things. We've had a tough couple years, finding out his dad had cancer, moving to be closer to his parents, his 15 yr old daughter having a miscarriage then getting pregnant again and having a beautiful baby boy, his father passed away and all of this has really taken a toll on us. I was supportive throughout the whole thing. He was moody, verbally abusive, constantly shouting and taking his frustration out on me and our boys (the boys are mine from a previous relationship). I bottled up alot of hurt and emotions, i thought about leaving him because he was being so cruel but i hung in there and tried to be supportive. When i got drunk that night, that changed everything, my bottled up emotions just flowed out of my mouth. He left the next day and moved his stuff out the day after that. We were together 7 years, married for 4 and he has raised my boys as his own for the past 7 years. my husband is saying he doesnt want a divorce and he hopes we can work this out but he wont talk to me about it or wants to see me. He wont see the boys and he wont help us financially. Everything we had was based on 2 incomes, he left me with rent, loans and other bills without a cent. I have a good job but he made most of the money. What rights do i have to get him to help us?

• Well...kids aside (since they are not his children and I assume he did not legally adopt them), if you are married, he can't just leave you with all the payments. You need to tell him, either he comes back and you two seek counseling, or file for divorce. In either event, you need to speak with a reputible lawyer and find out where you stand.

Sorry you've gone through such a tough time. Keep in mind that life DOES get rough sometimes, but you should never make excuses for someone abusing you.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Thank you! I did leave a message yesterday for an attorney so I can find out what my options are. So I'm glad to hear, I'm thinking along the same lines. Thanks for your response. Have a great Thanksgiving

Comment

• Did you find out anything?
        "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X