Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

husband using webcam

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• husband using webcam

Ive caught my husband engaging in cybersex and webcamming. He said he would stop and a few months went by until I caught him doing it again. I even posed as an anonymous person online to talk to him and convinced me to meet him - which he did and much to his surprise it was me. He apologized, said he wasnt thinking right, swore up and down again he would not do it again, and gave up his webcam this time. By looking back on his online conversations, he never really talked about meeting any of these people, but he did the one time I set him up. He and I agreed to both go online and be inappropriate, and after about 2 weeks he said he was going to give up his camming - and gave the cam to me. He says he is addicted to doing that online and really truly wanted to stop because it was ruining our marriage.
    Things have been ok since (its been about 2.5 weeks now) but I have lingering thoughts in my head, such as what if he does it again, what if he is hiding another cam somewhere, what if he realyl did meet others online, etc etc. I really want to make things work, but its hard. I went to one counselor but it wasnt helpful and he refuses to go.
    I need help, opinions, and advice. Anyone else gone through this?

• Put your foot down and tell him its the couples councelor or get out. Tell him he needs to prove that he really is sorry and is making an effort to change his behavior. If he truely does want to do whatever it takes to get your trust back, he should do that much.
    Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

• Given the fact that he's lied to you before, I would be really hesitant to believe him again too. I can't blame you one bit for still having all these questions and thoughts in your mind. He betrayed your trust, big time. And he's done nothing to prove he's changed other than hand over a webcam. That wouldn't be enough for me, and it doesn't seem like it's enough for you either.

Time to get tough. He says he wants it to stop because it is ruining the marriage, but so is the mistrust that he caused from his own bad behavior. If you want to go to counseling, it is the LEAST he can do to comply with that. Find a counselor that you like, who you feel helps (it may take more than one try), and insist that he goes with you to prove that he's willing to work on fixing the damange HE caused.

If he still refuses, that should give you a pretty good indication of just how serious he is about fixing your marriage...

Comment

• He's a cheater. Yes...it's that simple. The title of your thread should have been "Husband is cheating". Cybersexing with a webcam is cheating. Meeting up with women to do Lord knows what, is cheating. He is living a deceitful life and he is refusing to do anything to ACTUALLY work on fixing it. His words mean nothing because there are no actions. He's "addicted".....that's convenient because then it makes it seem like he has no control over what's he's doing. I call major BS on that. He is clearly not content with a monogamous relationship. But he wants his cake and have it to eat too.

If he wants to cheat, removing the web cam isn't going to stop that. He'll find other avenues. I don't mean to sound harsh here, but partners such as this one who does things like this, who cheat and lie and betray and then expect you to just get over it and move past it and forgive....they are narcissists....they don't think they should have to follow the same rules as everyone else. They don't truly believe you'll leave them. They don't respect. But they sure can make you feel sorry for them when they need to.

Just be careful here. As the others have said, if counseling is what YOU need here to attempt at healing, he should be more than willing to accommodate that. If he's not, consider that a pretty good message as to his true feelings for you and his desire to truly save this marriage.
        "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

I think that's the bottom line! Each person/couple should do whatever feels right for them -- even if it is to please the other party, so long as it's...

09-15-2020, 10:36 PM By JonnyR
        • Reply to When to call it quits?

It makes perfect sense, though. It might not be fool-proof but really if you find yourself rooting for one side over the other, that kinda tells you exactly...

09-15-2020, 09:47 PM By Strega
        • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Aside from keeping a bare bikini line in the summer months, I’ve never felt pressured from a societal standpoint to keep my pubic hair a certain way....

09-15-2020, 09:12 PM By Strega
        • Reply to Letting a friendship fade away

Emily D. thanks....

09-14-2020, 05:13 PM By atskitty2
        • Reply to When to call it quits?

The guy my friend was dating apparently sensed her disinterest, and asked her if she'd like to continue dating. She avoided the question, and that was...

09-14-2020, 05:09 PM By atskitty2

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
        • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
        Working...
        X