Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it okay that...

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it okay that...

my fiance and I spend a lot of time apart doing our own thing? We've been together for almost four years. We work and live together and we do have date nights and quality time with each other a couple nights a weeks. But a lot of times, we do our own thing. He has his set of hobbies and I have mine, we do our own thing by ourselves or other friends. I don't mind it at all, I don't think I could be in a relationship where I had to be with him 24/7. I feel happy and content and so does he, and we both enjoy that we trust each other enough to go hang out with other people of the opposite sex too. I am wondering if this will be harmful long-term though? Like I said, we do work the same job during the summer and fall and both live together. One of former bosses told me how she and her husband would go to school together but come home and do different things, but their marriage is being affected negatively by it now. I don't want that to happen to us.
    "Look both ways before you cross the street"

• Hi AG.

Please don't judge on someone else's situation and put it into yours You have no real idea why their relationship is not working. Often people have to blame it on something and so they do.

If you have date nights, and quality time a couple of times a week, wake up with each other daily, if you laugh, trust, and enjoy the company of each other when you have it, then you are on the right track. (Inserts sex is also a must )

My fiance works as a Chef, me in Real Estate. We live together, we spend every Friday as a date day/night.. Monday and Tuesdays with our daughter. The rest of the time, bar here and there on a Sat night, he works double shifts and I enjoy my space

Don't worry about it ...
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Hi AsianGrace,
      from what you've written I'd say the separate interests is not anything to worry over. Only you know if you feel close. You sound content, which is great. If you feel close and trusting with each other, then it sounds really good.

The only suggestion I could make would be to take some trips together too. Overnight, or a few nights several times a year. It might be a way to stay close or get closer

Comment

• bumping.
        PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to LIES

amy40 I'm curious how you can tell they're lying and know this with any degree of certainty?...

08-03-2020, 01:37 PM By atskitty2
        • Reply to LIES

I don't tend to lie as such: but I will tactfully tell the truth/bend the truth, so as to not hurt the other person's feelings. Sometimes you HAVE to...

08-03-2020, 09:05 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Reply to LIES

I'm an open book person & feel compelled to "confess" things to husband like if I think some man I saw is good-looking, lol

08-02-2020, 10:23 AM By amy40
        • Reply to Have You Heard Of An Amicable Divorce? Let's Discuss.

I agree 100%. I wished many times that my parents had just divorced and moved on. I think my mother would be miserable regardless, but I think Dad could...

08-02-2020, 04:22 AM By atskitty2

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X