Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need advice please, i think my husband wants to have breasts.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need advice please, i think my husband wants to have breasts.

Hi all, im new to the forums so please bare with me why i get use to how it all works

Where do i start, well i have been married to my husband for 4 years now, we where together for 4 years before that, i love him with all my heart but there is a problem and i am getting very worried. About 2 year ago my husband had some health problems and was put on medication long term, all i know was that the medication was some kind HRT for men. Now all was fine for the next 8 months then i started to notice some changes in him, he was gaining weight, getting very emotional and he had lost his sex drive, i also started to notice he was getting breasts, my husband is only 35 so he is not old by any terms. We spoke about it and he assured me everything was ok and that it was side effects of his medication. Time passed and things got worse, he started to grow really large breasts and i mean real female breasts not just man boobs. He has changed so much since and i feel i have lost my husband he still insists its because of his medication but i have had a sneaky look around and i have found bras and there not mine, underwear and all sorts, im at a loss, i just dont know what is happening or what to do. I really think my husband wants to have breasts, if that is the case then why, and why would he not talk to me about it. At the minute he has bigger breasts than me and hardly goes out the house, he has hips now and he has lost all his sexy muscles that i loved. Can anyone help me with this please.

Roxanne

• Medications can do that. What is he taking now and what has he taken in the past. Why are the medications specifically prescribed?
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Hi, and thanks for the reply. My husband had problems with erections and he was diagnosed with an enlarged prostate, the medication he takes im not 100% sure about if im honest, how bad does that sound. All i know is they are in pill form, i have asked about what he is taking and he has told me they are a HRT treatment for men so i presume its testosterone or something. He did regain his errections for the first 6 months but he now has problems and no sex drive, he also seems to find it very hard to ejaculate, the last time i can remember it happening was over 6 months ago. Our sex life has stopped completely pretty much since then. I have all these bad thought going through my head, i still love him so much but i am loosing attraction to him with all these changes.

Roaxanne

Comment

• I would think if he was taking testosterone he would get harrier and look more manly. If it was estrogen, I could see him gaining breasts, and looking a bit on the female side. I am assuming he is taking estrogen and progestin which would explain his "new features"

Comment

• Hi, i thought the same, but why the ******** would he be taking female hormones ???? if he is taking them then maybe its because of his medical problems and he was scared to tell me, god i just dont know. Does anyone know the tell tale signs of him taking female hormones, i mean he has big breasts and i mean he must be a D cup, he has hips and over all he is quite chubby, he never use to be, i know he is lighter in weight which i don't get. How can i confront him and get the truth i deserve ??

Roaxanne

Comment

• Can you get a look at the name of the prescription? Then you could do some investigation as to what they are normally prescribed for and at least have some background information. Your dialogue with your husband should be forthright and upstanding. He needs to know that you are in his corner. The one thing that is jumping out at me here, is him having the female-type underwear. Has he always had it, is it new? Many men like wearing female clothing, no big deal usually, but given the physical changes you say he is going through, I'd warrant that there is something more going on. Perhaps you need to ask to go to his doctor with him and see what the doctor says. I'm not up-to-date on what medication and side effects are of medicine for the prostate, but I'm pretty certain it doesn't have the side effects you are listing here. Testosterone usually produces a deeper voice, more masculine features, facial hair and male sex organs, not the other way around, that would be estrogen or the female hormone. This all needs deeper investigation.
            That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• An HRT is a Hormone Replacement Therapy...most likely due to his erectile dysfunction and enlarged prostate. Sit down and talk to him and find out exactly why he is taking these prescription medications. If you think about it, when you see those who want to be of the opposite sex and they take hormones to change their appearance it causes men to have higher voices, develop breasts (usually not big ones though) and other subtle changes. He may have gained weight from the medication...many medications have that effect on people. Perhaps he's embarassed or sensitive about it and that's why he doesn't speak openly about it. Any other guy that I know wouldn't openly admit he has to take hormones. He should be able to talk to you about it though...just try have a serious talk with him.

Comment

• Female hormones will cause, a softening of his facial features, more modulation to his voice, lack of facial hair possibly loss of hair on his chest. His hair on his arms and legs will become softer as well. His breasts will enlarge and he would get a more woman-like appearance. His emotions could be all over the place.

As I said in my other post, check his medication, research what it is used for, call his doctor if necessary. The first line of defense though would be a hard heart-to-heart talk with your husband. Do not be judgemental or critical, just be matter-of-fact.
                That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• Thanks for your help and advice, what you have both said is kind of what i suspected and feared, and he has lost a lot of his body hair, he is emotional and now i think of it his voice is changing slightly and has been for a while. But he does have really large breasts, and if you look at them and nothing else you would think it was a womans chest, even his nipples and areola have enlarged, he covers up a lot but i have seen them when he gets out of bed sometimes and gets changed. I will try i do some digging before i comfront him, this must be so hard for him. Thanks again

Roxanne

Comment

• Hi Google Gynecomastia or ********** ******** -

Causes

The condition can occur naturally or as a side effect of anabolic steroids and other medications. It has also been implicated with the excessive use of marijuana.
                    The use of anabolic steroids is especially implicated. Of course not all steroids will cause it, only the ones that aromatize. Anadrol, Sustanon and Dianabol are especially known causes. Some others are weaker stimulators and are dose related.

When gynecomastia occurs naturally, it is a slower process and usually consists of both glandular and fatty tissue. Anabolic steroid induces gynecomastia occurs much more rapidly and is usually a sheet of pure glandular tissue. Of course there is a range between these extremes

When the body senses too much testosterone or a testosterone like substance, it tries to reduce the level by a process called aromitization. This converts the testosterone to estradiol, an estrogen like substance. All men have some glandular tissue. If there is also genetic receptor sensitivity, the increased estradiol level will stimulate this tissue to grow.

Symptoms

It is first noticed as some sensitivity in the nipple area often going on to real discomfort. As the tissue further develops, the area will swell and extend laterally under the arm. The condition can run the range from a mass under the nipple with perhaps some coning to fully developed breasts.

Estrogen blockers like Nolvadex or Arimidex can prevent the occurrence but only surgery can cure it.

As for your husband- the raised estrogens may have made him interested in wearing female clothes.

He needs to look at healthier alternatives like Acetyl-l-Carnatine..Research this yourself.

Good luck

Comment

• Right...

I know a little about HRT, I do not know much about enlarged prostate treatment though, so I will share what I do know...

Firstly, as above, he will need surgery to remove the breast tissue. Removing it will be futile if measures are not taken to prevent it re occurring.

I THINK the optimal range for E2/estriadol/estrogen in a man in 25. E2 needs to be kept within a very specific range, the doctors SHOULD have been monitoring his E2 throughout the time he was on medication aiming to keep it within optimal range. Arimidex will stop E2 increasing (aromatase inhibitor) whilst tamoxifen/nolvadex will just stop aromatization (breast tissue growing) whilst letting E2 increase - so even if there was a medical requirement for E2 to become elevated they had no excuse for letting this happen to him, many doctor's have a relaxed approach to this kind of thing and I would consider it negligence.

Low testosterone will explain the erectile problems. Extra testosterone administered for HRT can cause the elevated E2, but high E2 alone will not lower test levels. As you can see above test on a HRT basis can b administered with E2 being controlled.

Have to go to work now, please feel free to ask any more questions, if I can help I will. Your husbands doctor has some explaining to do...
                      "The greatest enemy will hide in the last place you will ever look" [I]Julius Caesar[/I]

Comment

• Originally posted by roxy1975 View Post
                        Hi, i thought the same, but why the **************** would he be taking female hormones ???? if he is taking them then maybe its because of his medical problems and he was scared to tell me, god i just dont know. Does anyone know the tell tale signs of him taking female hormones, i mean he has big breasts and i mean he must be a D cup, he has hips and over all he is quite chubby, he never use to be, i know he is lighter in weight which i don't get. How can i confront him and get the truth i deserve ??

Roaxanne
                        Hi, my first reply was this morning, I hadn't had a chance to read your posts as thoroughly as I would liked to have before I replied. Irrespective of how much male hormone he has in him the breasts will stay and will need to be surgically removed. Without seeing the medication it is hard to comment exactly on what and shouldn't be happening to him.

Have you seen any evidence of HRT? Testosterone patches or anything? I would like you to have a look at the labels of whatever medication he is taking.
                        Do you know when the last time he went to the doctors was?

I know one form of treatment for an enlarged prostate is 'proscar' a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor, not, as far as I know, HRT.

I know one side effect of proscar is lowered test, which shouldn't send E2 into the DD cup range or feminine hip zone (high E2, if left unmanaged can, but your husband's case sounds extreme).

I THINK TRT may be used if test is sent into the low, low range and can't be recovered naturally. As I mentioned , elevated E2 is very manageable, and HRT may be the only option if test levels are permanently lowered.

As far as I am aware, regardless of where his E2 level is, if he has enough Test in him his libido should be functioning normally i.e., he should be able to get an erection etc. This does not seem to be the case now. It sounds like if the doctor WAS giving him HRT, which is questionable, he has stopped administering it.

It sounds like the question is how and why he let his E2 levels get this high, and WHY he didn't go straight to the doctor when he first noticed the physical side effects of elevated E2. The first sign of aromatization from high E2 as a side effect of HRT is sore/itchy nipples and lumps under the nipples. Most men would be kicking the doctors door down at this point.

It sounds like your husband may even have been taking BC pills, the HRT thing sounds like misinformation or a lie, since he sounds like he has ALL the symptoms of low test, and is displaying all of the symptoms of high E2.

If he was given the medication he has postulated to have been given he may have started to enjoy the very mild feminine side effects he got and abandoned his treatment in favor of them, and maybe even deliberately taken something to encourage them and developed gender identity issues as a result. I don't believe, if this was all a consequence of treatment for an enlarged prostate he has done any of this under medical supervision either, or if he was at the early stages he has now stopped. Surely the doctor would have been loath to continue administering treatment which would have effected such serious side effects and no doubt not actually serving their original purpose (to treat an enlarged prostate).

Please try and get a look at what he is taking x
                        "The greatest enemy will hide in the last place you will ever look" [I]Julius Caesar[/I]

Comment

• Originally posted by roxy1975 View Post
                          Thanks for your help and advice, what you have both said is kind of what i suspected and feared, and he has lost a lot of his body hair, he is emotional and now i think of it his voice is changing slightly and has been for a while. But he does have really large breasts, and if you look at them and nothing else you would think it was a womans chest, even his nipples and areola have enlarged, he covers up a lot but i have seen them when he gets out of bed sometimes and gets changed. I will try i do some digging before i comfront him, this must be so hard for him. Thanks again

Roxanne
                          He's lucky to have someone so supportive, good luck.

Comment

• Just reading what you wrote, my immediate thought was, he is in denial and I think you know what I mean.

So, I agree please try to research what exactly he is taking..

Only a strong person can cope with such a huge change and accept it in love. If you find this is the case, you will have to make a choice..

Don't jump to any conclusions until your inner thoughts are answered.

CW
                            PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Roxanne, Possibly by now your questions have been answered and I hope all is well! However, I must say, I have some first hand knowledge in regards to this subject. My wife has been very supportive throughout my desire to have breasts. It is not something easily explained but your husband should have been forthright with you from day one! To acquire female breasts such as you described and as I have obtained then he has been hiding something! HRT is really the one sure way to accomplish this. Finding bras is a pretty giant red flag. My wife and I have been together quite some time and I was open and honest with her before any steps were taken! I ma self employed as she is and we discussed this over a period of about seven months. In that time period she researched everything about such an endeavor which includes the negative medical consequences involved in a male throwing female hormones in his system! Very dangerous if not treated with close medical supervision and long term psychological evaluation! The latter is so important due to emotional changes within the individual and what impact this will have on him when the changes become so obvious that publicly he will be noticed quite dramatically! This is nothing to be taken lightly by any means of the imagination! He did a troublesome disservice to you, someone he dedicated his love for! If my wife under any circumstances would have said a plain and simple "NO!" it would have been dropped! Granted I may have fantasized about it with her and played with it but that is a far cry from doing it outright! I hope you have discovered the truth and have found a way to work it out favorably!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Birth Control & Infertility

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill ****Yaz**** almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception....

Yesterday, 11:02 AM By Mr.King

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill *Yaz* almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception. I have...

Yesterday, 10:57 AM By Mr.King
                              • Reply to Have you ghosted someone?

Vanessa R. When I met the guy I've been dating, I actually asked him about his ghosting history the first time we met. He didn't really even know what...

01-15-2021, 03:16 PM By atskitty2

I truly appreciate the insight and feedback, JonnyR , especially coming from a guy. I've been fortunate enough in recent months to come across a few "rare...

01-14-2021, 01:38 PM By Vanessa R.

Very true atskitty2 ! You bring up a good point about how easy it is for someone to walk away in all facets. Of course, the fact that there are people...

01-14-2021, 12:21 PM By Vanessa R.

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill ****Yaz**** almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception....

Yesterday, 11:02 AM By Mr.King

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill *Yaz* almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception. I have...

Yesterday, 10:57 AM By Mr.King
                              • Opinions needed please ! HPV/bartholin cyst??

Hi guys , this is my first post here I’m hoping someone can give me some insight or maybe you have been through something similar an can share ! I’m...

01-08-2021, 04:05 AM By Nikkie92
                              • Got a Vulva? Let's talk wanking!

I'm putting together a piece on hands-free masturbation and would love to hear from people with vulvas. I'm looking for quotes or stories about early...

01-03-2021, 01:44 AM By Wednesday L.F.
                              • I just want some assurance.

Hello.

So these are questions for all the ladies. For those who engage in anal sex, how many years have you been having it? Have you've had...

12-30-2020, 08:01 PM By yrtxzh5a47
                              Working...
                              X