Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Argument today

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argument today

I don't know what else to say but I feel like I need some advice. Me and my boyfriend just had an argument and it kind of blew out if proportion.

It had to deal with cleaning, so he's an uber driver and need to work as much as he can on the weekend. He asked what I was doing today and I got upset because he did want me to help him clean. I got upset because he took the day I asked for cleaning to go take a salsa class which is Monday's. I'm upset cause other nights there is salsa class and he chose to do it. Kind of not working with me on deciding a schedule for another day. I like to know what I need to do for the week. It makes me feel secure.

His dad had prostate cancer and is recovering from surgery so he's been helping out. He picks me up from work everyday and drops me off to work. He said that I don't understand anything all I know is that I get picked up from work and get dropped off everyday. He has a son and ex wife and even said to me that I'm not the one that has to deal with an ex wife and court in which I replied I do ****ing deal with an ex wife just in a different way.

I also explained to him instead of always going out and going to the next salsa social why can't we do something else. He said it's a form a therapy. I know this is going all over the place right now but I just have to get it all out.

I understand the stress but he doesn't even talk to me when he is. He says it's cause I try to twist his words around. Sorry for being human and getting upset as well.

I know I should be understanding this is hard on my end too. I just don't know honestly. If you can make sense of this please can anyone offer me some advice. There are other things that go through my mind in which contributes to me getting upset of what he's done. Maybe I should just take a break from him like I've initially thought i just seem to be afraid.

• I've been with my husband for a long time so bare with me. There are two sides to every story. One strategy to work on is to argue the other side of the argument. Put yourself in his place and have him sit and walk in your shoes for a while. I take it he really likes to salsa dance - why don't you? It could be fun and therapy for you as well. Another word of advise would be: sometimes cleaning just isn't important and at the very least it will wait for another day.
    That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• Well I'm a salsa dancer too. It's hard because as a date that's all we ever do is to salsa dancing. Yeah I'm definitely going to try stepping into his shoes although other factors about the salsa dancing annoys me. I dont considerate it as date night when all his friends are there.

And If you see the mess that's going on which is really bad you would understand why this argument started. I want to share responsibility not become a maid.

Comment

• Agreed, Claret.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

I think that's the bottom line! Each person/couple should do whatever feels right for them -- even if it is to please the other party, so long as it's...

09-15-2020, 10:36 PM By JonnyR
        • Reply to When to call it quits?

It makes perfect sense, though. It might not be fool-proof but really if you find yourself rooting for one side over the other, that kinda tells you exactly...

09-15-2020, 09:47 PM By Strega
        • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Aside from keeping a bare bikini line in the summer months, I’ve never felt pressured from a societal standpoint to keep my pubic hair a certain way....

09-15-2020, 09:12 PM By Strega
        • Reply to Letting a friendship fade away

Emily D. thanks....

09-14-2020, 05:13 PM By atskitty2
        • Reply to When to call it quits?

The guy my friend was dating apparently sensed her disinterest, and asked her if she'd like to continue dating. She avoided the question, and that was...

09-14-2020, 05:09 PM By atskitty2

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
        • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
        Working...
        X