Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

antibiotics and the pill

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antibiotics and the pill

Hi, my name is Nikki. I have a couple questions. My boyfriend and I had sex about a week ago, without a condom. I have been on the pill for a while now but had been taking Amoxicillin 500mg (antibiotics) for a couple weeks leading up to that day. We only had sex for about 3 or 4 minutes and he never climaxed or ejaculated before we stopped. I was concerned about pre cum but he had urinated atleast 5 times that day prior to sex, which I believe is supposed to flush out any remaining sperm from previous ejaculations. I know that you always take the risk of getting pregnant any time you have sex but just wanted to know what the chances of me being pregnant from this are. Thanks

• advice

I have been on plenty of meds while on bc. my boyfriend has ejaculated inside of me and nothing has happened. A lot of physicans tell you to use condoms while on bc cause it may effect your bc, making it less effective. So if you want to be on the safe side just have your partner wear a condom when you are taken anitbotics.

Before I was on bc I use the withdraw method and I never got pregnant by pre-cum, I would not worry about that. I have been told that a small percentage of women do get pregnant from pre-cum cause it still has sperm in it.

Comment

• Yes, certain antibiotics DO effect birth control! It all depends on the individual situation though. You have to consider things such as what antibiotic is it, how much are you taking, how long have you been on it, which birth control are you on, how long have you been on it, what time of the month is it, and how fertile are the two of you? So there is no way of knowing what will happen, but it is a known fact that taking antibiotics decreases the effectiveness of birth control.

Also, it does not matter how many times he urinates prior to sex. A man starts to excrete new precum the moment he becomes aroused. It works as a natural lubricant during sex. It's a clear liquid and does not necessarilly look like sperm during an ejaculation.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Have you ghosted someone?

I truly appreciate the insight and feedback, JonnyR , especially coming from a guy. I've been fortunate enough in recent months to come across a few "rare...

Yesterday, 01:38 PM By Vanessa R.

Very true atskitty2 ! You bring up a good point about how easy it is for someone to walk away in all facets. Of course, the fact that there are people...

Yesterday, 12:21 PM By Vanessa R.

Agreed with all - it sucks, and shouldn't be allowed! LOL...

It's gotten to the point now (sadly I would think...) that I EXPECT the ghosting,...

01-13-2021, 09:18 PM By JonnyR
      • Reply to Opinions needed please ! HPV/bartholin cyst??

Are you absolutely certain the discharge is coming from somewhere besides the vaginal opening? And is that a change, or has it always been coming from...

01-11-2021, 06:33 PM By atskitty2

Vanessa R. I have been surprised that more of these kinds of posts don't get some attention too! I think most of the visitors/regulars here are not in...

01-11-2021, 06:15 PM By atskitty2

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X