Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on NuvaRing

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on NuvaRing

For anyone on the ring, I have a question that the official website only partially answers. I had been putting it in/taking it out on Sundays around 1:00 pm for about a year, but last Sunday, when I was supposed to take it out, I had forgotten until 1:13 am, (technically Monday) so that was about twelve hours late.

I'm usually sleeping at 1 in the morning, and don't want to have to convert to putting in/taking out at this time now in order to be using it correctly. Would it be okay to put the new ring in at 1 in the afternoon as though I had never been late with it, or do you think it would be better to put it in later at night now, like 8 or 9 pm? That would be better than 1 am, anyway...

I know it's fine if you accidentally put a new ring in late, (you just have to wait another seven days before it's fully effective) however, I haven't been able to find any risks/precautions against putting a new ring in early, so that's why I ask.

Thank you!

• I've never even really thought about the in/out time, so long as the day was right. That's the nice thing about the ring, since the hormones are dispersed over 3 weeks, you don't have to be concerned with a specific time to put it in or take it out, unlike with the pill. I may be wrong, but I never once had a problem doing this with my ring, and I was on it for years.

Comment

• I would call your doctor, I've had lots of questions about the ring and they give you answers. I don't think the time of day is important like it is for a pill, as long as it is in the same day, however since you did it in the early morning hours, i don't think it should be a problem. They give you a safety net usually of a week, so your safe after quite a few days if you forget to do something, but it isn't recommended obviously to push the limits, because they make sure only the doctors know the limits so they can advise you.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X