Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stopping period for a month? Recommended?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Stopping period for a month? Recommended?

I know many women have posted about this concerning getting their periods around their wedding days...my problems not that but I'd still like to delay my period. I'm on my period now, started June 15th, and I'm nervous about this summer. My boyfriend has a camping site right near the beach for the first week in August and a few weekends in July and I'm afraid I'm going to get my period during that first week in August. I use that period app for the iphone and my period usually always comes every 28 days give or take 2 days every now and then so I'm pretty certain it will definitely come that week in August..

I don't really care what my boyfriend thinks, hes 23 years old he gets that girls have periods but it's really awkward when all his friends are up there and everyones going in the water and I'm stuck not being able to participate because of my period. I've heard many women that skip the sugar pill week so they won't get their periods but I was just wondering is that actually safe for me to do for my period in July & August? I wouldn't do it again after that, I don't want to even mess with my cycle in the first place but I wanna be able to have fun that first week in August and not risk getting it any weekends in July.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

• Call your doctors office and speak with the nurse. They can best advise you on whether the pill you're on will provide that and whether it's healthy to do so, knowing your full health history.

Have you considered tampons? Or are you comfortable with that?

Comment

• Yes, there is no real reason why you can't use tampons and go in the water. You may find that you prefer this over anything else in the future. The added benefit is that it's easy to slip a box of these into your luggage versus other larger items.

I'd like to add that the BC pill works best when taken as it's supposed to be taken. Check with your doctor, there may be other medications to stop your period that would be better to take.
      That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• I've done both. I don't see a problem going to the water with a tampon, but if you also get pains and all that then it's a problem...

I'm not a doctor but from what i know it is safe to skip the sugar pills and prevent your period from coming if you only do it once.

Comment

• It's safe if you don't do it more than once in a row.
          Also, have you considered manstrual cups?
          They are great and you can swim with them and worry about nothing for looong hours.
          There are some kinds you can have sex with, i haven't tried tho..

Comment

• There's no reason to let a period ruin a fun weekend. As the others have said, use tampons or a menstrual cup. If you have cramps, take some ibuprofen for a couple days.

Back when I took the pill I did what you're saying once to try to skip a period and it messed me up for a month afterwards. Yes, I skipped the period, but I had spotting, cramping and bloating for the next month. It wasn't worth it to me.
            "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
            X