Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the implant (nexplanon) like?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• What is the implant (nexplanon) like?

I'm currently on the depo shot, but I've been told I may have to switch to the implant if the depo shot becomes unsuitable for me. What is the implant like? I know it lasts for 3 years, but are its effects like the shot or not?

• Well the Norplant System (levonorgestrel) Implants has more side effects from the depo shots for the use of contraceptive used to prevent pregnancy. Common side effects of Norplant include headache, nervousness, anxiety, nausea, dizziness, rash, acne, change in appetite, weight gain, hair loss, prolonged menstrual bleeding, and spotting. But again each and every women is different on how the Norplant will effect them. My two oldest daughters started off with Norplant but change to the depo shot. They couldn't stand the side effects they went through. So good luck on what you decide to do Timely Rain.....
    When out driving always turn left. Then, should you become lost, you can find your way home by reversing the procedure and always turning right.

Comment

• Hi, I don't think they do Norplant where I live. The only one they do is Nexplanon as far as I know. I wanted to know about it because the depo shot is great for me, but I've already been on it for nearly 2 years, and if it became unsuitable for me after that, I was told the implant would be similar to the shot and I could switch to that. I have seen how it's inserted and how it's removed, the only thing I'm wondering about is the side effects, as like I said, I was told by the doctor that the side effects would be similar for me as having the shot.

Comment

• Have you considered maybe the Navaring as well. Instead of the Nexplanon that's another option as well for you Timelyrain. I guess some women bodies can change after a while on one type of birth control. To the point that it could be ineffective after a while as well. Well good luck I hope this new birth control works for you well. 😃😎🌹
        When out driving always turn left. Then, should you become lost, you can find your way home by reversing the procedure and always turning right.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X