Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back on the Pill; ish...

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Back on the Pill; ish...

I started back on the pill mid cycle (about 2 weeks in to a normally 5 week cycle) a few weeks ago after being off it for about a year; had unprotected sex after a week of taking it, which was why I went back on it, and then completely forgot to take it again due to the evening in question not being quite as successful as I'd expected. So, effectively, took the pill from week 2 to week 3 of my cycle, came off it again two weeks before AF due and...yeah, that's where we're at now. Starting to worry somewhat. How stupid was it...?

• Well, you can't do that or you may as well not be taking any. I think the package says if you miss more than two pills you have to completely start over and should use condoms until you start your next pack (a few weeks into it). You should go off of it completely now and start an entirely new pack. And yes, your hormones will probably be all out of whack for the next 30 days or so.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Oh, that bit makes sense. But what do you think the risk is from the unprotected before?

Comment

• Based on the time during your cycle when you were taking it regularly, your risk of being pregnant is probably low-moderate. I only stick the moderate on there because any time you go off your pill, your hormones get all confused. During a normal, non birth control cycle, you would most likely ovulate somewhere around day 14-20 of your cycle. But when you are on the pill, you do not ovulate at all. If you abruptly stop taking it, then your body will start to try to readjust to it's normal hormone levels and will begin preparing itself for ovulation, period, etc. So, in reality, you could almost immediately begin ovulation when you go off the pill, but it's not highly likely.

"Be what you're looking for."

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X