• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse

April Poster of the Month!

Please welcome us in congratulating long time member, Stillness for being our April Poster of the Month!!
See more
See less

Chance of becoming pregnant while using Birth Control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chance of becoming pregnant while using Birth Control

Whats the chance of becoming pregnant while being on birth control, and took a Plan B? Friday night I haven't seen my boyfriend in about 5 months (he's in the Navy) and that was the first time he ejaculated in me. We've been dating for 2 years but he never did that because we we're afraid of getting pregnant so we avoided it. He did it again on Sunday night but after that I took a Plan B just in case (effective up to 3 days). I'm on a 28 day pack of BC (I've been on time with it for the past 3 months) and Friday was my regular pill, same with Saturday, but Sunday was my placebo pill, but that was the day I took the Plan B. I also took my BC hours before we had sex because my time to take it is earlier in the day. What's my chances? I know everything isn't 100% except abstinence but I need some closure. I'm supposed to start my period sometime this week too

Oh dear How are you feeling? That's a lot of hormones in your body.
    The pill is effective more than 98%, as I recall, depending on the type you're using. Unless you had other reasons for the pill to be less effective (such as missed pill), it wasn't necessary to take another hormome pill.

Your cycle may be off for awhile now, a few months. You may have other hormonal symptoms as well.
    Don't panic too much if your period doesn't come on time, as this massive dose of hormones is likely to throw something off in your body for awhile.

If you don't necessarily trust the pill, or just want that added protection, consider a barrier method such as condoms. If you can avoid this type of situation again, I think your body will thank you!
    Good luck!

Comment

Kitty is right. If you're taking the pill as its prescribed and not missing any, your chances of becoming pregnant are almost non-existent even if he ejaculates inside of you.

If you took Plan B on top of that, my goodness.....that's a lot of hormones and it will likely throw off your entire cycle for the next month or so. Be prepared for some cramping, spotting, bloating, etc.

You're not pregnant.
      "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

Thank you guys so much! The only reason I took the plan b is because my boyfriend was really paranoid so I did it to make him feel better especially since I don't know when I'll see him next. Thank you!

Comment

I see.

Well I'm curious, do you often do things affecting your own body, because someone else wants you to?
          I'm not trying to be difficult or make you feel bad, but think about it. Obviously, you owe me no answer or explanation. I just hope my question will make you think.
          If you know something is bad for you, please don't do it simply for the comfort, appeasement or peace of mind of another person.

Please think about it Take care of yourself first Hon. Its your body, and yours to care for. Nobody has the responsibility to manage your health other than you

many hugs.

Comment

Working...
          X