• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No ejaculation; could I still be pregnant?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No ejaculation; could I still be pregnant?

On Sunday my boyfriend and I tried to have sex for the first time (it's Friday today). He wore a condom and slightly penetrated, but it hurt too much and I began to bleed so I said to stop. He did not ejaculate. Still, I'm freaking out that somehow I got pregnant anyway. We "had sex" two days after my period so I wasn't ovulating. How soon can you tell if you're pregnant? I'm so inexperienced that I feel like I don't know anything! I should not have even attempted sex when I wasn't ready. Any advice would be appreciated.

Two days after your period is in the time frame that you could get pregnant if you were to ovulate in the next five days. In your case he wore a condom and did not ejaculate, so, assuming that the condom was intact and put on correctly, there is little chance you would become pregnant from this encounter. Home pregnancy tests start detecting changes about 5 days before the expected start of your next period or a bit more than a week after fertilization. If you had asked this question on Sunday or Monday I would have said to get an ovulation prediction kit to determine when ovulation took place but you may have ovulated already.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

JNS lets not scare this cincycat too much. Normally ovulation takes place as follows and assuming a normal 28 day cycle. Count the first day of your period as day 1 and the day before the expected date of your next period as the last day. Ovulation happens about two weeks before the next expected period so normally around day 14.

To be on the safe side, if you are going by these calculations you should abstain from sex from day 11 through to day 17. This rhythm method has never been 100% effective so don't just rely on the dates. Our bodies have a way of making liars out of us at times. Use protection not only to prevent pregnancy but to prevent any STDs that are around.

If you really want to make sure you don't get pregnant use a second type of birth control (spermicide, the pill, the coil, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by Claret View Post
        JNS lets not scare this cincycat too much.
        Sorry if I came off as trying to scare cindycat. It was not my intention.
        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Hi dear. Pregnancy happens when a manís sperm fertilizes a womanís egg, which can happen even if youíve not had sexual intercourse (penetration). During sex, semen is ejaculated from the manís penis into the womanís vagina. A man's semen (the liquid produced when he ejaculates or "comes") contains millions of sperm. One ejaculation can contain more than 300 million sperm. As soon as the penis is erect before the man ejaculates, a liquid called pre-ejaculate is produced. This liquid can contain thousands of sperm. Men have no control over the production of this liquid. A woman's ovaries release one or more eggs (ovulation) 12-16 days before her next period. The manís sperm enters the woman's body through her vagina, then travels through her cervix and womb to the fallopian tubes, where an egg is fertilized (conception). The egg can be fertilized by sperm contained in semen or pre-ejaculate. I hope the information will help but still I suggest you consult a gynecologist. From personal experience, I can tell that you will get the best facilities in Ukraine.

Comment

Hi dear. Before I answer your question I will suggest if you are not able to get the correct answer from forum feel free to consult with Lotus Clinic in Ukraine as they are best in these matters. I would like to say that all men pre-ejaculate; some more than others. The Question here, however, is does it contain sperm. According to very recent and very reliable studies, pre-ejaculate has no sperm present. Pre-ejaculate is emitted by the Cowper's gland during sexual arousal. The Cowper's gland does NOT have the ability to produce sperm cells. That is the job of the testes. The only times, however, there IS sperm in the pre-ejaculate is when there was an earlier ejaculation and sperm from the last one had gotten mixed with the newer "pre-cum". But even this amount of sperm is in the hundreds and is generally not the numbers needed to conceive. I find it amazing the amount of false information that tends to be present in pregnancy message boards. A recent message from this forum went as far as saying the "pre-cum" actually has more sperm present than the actual cum. This is disgustingly inaccurate. The reason for withdrawal's high failure rate is very often the male. Most failures occur due to the man's inability to withdraw in time. This is especially common in teenagers who are new to intercourse and/or don't know their bodies yet. They may get so excited they ejaculate before they have time to react. Or, a man may ejaculate and not tell the woman. So, in all, that fact that he pulled out in time is really the deciding factor. While we can say anything is possible, your chance of pregnancy is practically nothing. I hope my answer will help you. Be safe and stay blessed.

Comment

Working...
            X