BAD Experience with Nuvaring!!! Can anyone offer advice?

Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BAD Experience with Nuvaring!!! Can anyone offer advice?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• BAD Experience with Nuvaring!!! Can anyone offer advice?

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum. I am writing because in the beginning of October of this year I started the Nuvaring. I was unhappy with my birth control and the gyno suggested the ring. The first two weeks were fine and then the week leading up to my period I started having trouble sleeping, waking up with anxiety and noticed that i was more anxious during the day. I suffer from anxiety and take medication but had been lowering the dose with the hopes of going off completely. Well, the anxiety got worse by the day, I wasn't sleeping and I started having suicidal thoughts. I was a mess. I took it out and didn't put another one in but I am still suffering from bad anxiety and feelings of hopelessness. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how long did it take for you to feel normal again. I am so distraught that this happened, it's turned everything upside down. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• I've not had this experience with Nuvaring, though you have my sympathies through this miserable time. It's only been a few days/weeks, so I'd give it awhile longer to expect the hormones to have fully cleared your system. A few months wouldn't be unreasonable even. I have not used the ring, but I've used oral hormonal contraceptives. They can be very harsh, and those prescribing the hormones don't always fully prepare us for the potential adverse side effects.
    I hope you're better soon. I also hope you'll do some research on non-hormonal, or lower hormone, methods and try something that may be more healthy for your body over time.

Comment

• Thank you for your kind response

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X