• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Copper IUD Concerns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copper IUD Concerns

I'm a virgin and I want to get the copper IUD, but I am afraid that I will be able to feel it pushing up against my uterus during sex. Those things seem to take up the space of almost the whole uterus, so I don't understand how women don't feel them. Do you/have you had an IUD, and if so, have you experienced that?

Discuss this with your doctor. They should be able to give you a good idea, based on your own anatomy. Some docs still won't place an IuD in patients that have not had a child. They may consider the Mirena moreso than the copper.
    Based on the expense and likelihood of dissatisfaction with it, there may be better options for you.

Have you already talked to your doctor about this?
    Last edited by atskitty2; 11-18-2017, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
      Discuss this with your doctor. They should be able to give you a good idea, based on your own anatomy. Some docs still won't place an IuD in patients that have not had a child. They may consider the Mirena moreso than the copper.
      Based on the expense and likelihood of dissatisfaction with it, there may be better options for you.

Have you already talked to your doctor about this?
      Oh, okay! I didn't know that. The only reason I don't want the Mirena is because I would rather have non-hormonal birth control. I used to take the pill and it didn't do well with me. Plus, I'm concerned about health risks of hormonal birth control. I want to make an appointment, but I'm pretty nervous about someone seeing me "down there"... I know they see that a lot, but I'm a bit insecure about that part of it. I know I'll have to do it anyway, though!

Comment

Working...
      X