Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Birth Control & Infertility

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth Control & Infertility

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill **Yaz** almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception. I have heard that using Contraceptive pills for long time causes Infertility and also Tumors in the Uterus, Is it true? We really want to have babies after 5 years because our studies not completed yet. So is it safe to use combined contraceptive pill for 5 years? Will she able to reproduce after 5 years? Any other side effects or precautions?
    Anyone female who has experienced this please let me know that pills cause Cancer, tumors or infertility if used for long time?

• Mr.King I'd definitely recommend your wife talking with your doctor. Birth control shouldn't interfere with your wife's fertility, but if that's a concern, I'd bring it up. And as far as increasing her risk for cancer, it really depends on her family history and other factors. In some instances, being on birth control can slightly increase your risk of certain cancers, whereas in other instances, it can actually lower your risk of certain cancers (ovarian cancer and uterine cancer).

This article from the MD Anderson Cancer Center is a good, brief summary of the topic: https://www.mdanderson*****/publicati...8Z1590624.html

Again, I'd totally recommend that she bring it up with her doctor. Every individual is different, so it's hard to say as to what will and won't work for her! I've been on birth control for six or so years, and it's been really helpful for me. The first birth control I tried gave me migraines, however, so I had to try another pill; the one I'm on now works just fine. My experience could be totally different than someone else's, though.

I hope that helps, and that you and your wife are able to find a long-term solution that works!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Calling All Squirters!

Hey, folks!

I know there's a thread or two about the topic of squirting but I wanted to create a newer thread on the subject. I'm writing...

Yesterday, 04:20 PM By Vanessa R.
    • Mechanical Problem With Vaginal Rear Entry

My wife and I have been married for 35 years, have good orgasmic sex a couple of times a week. Absolutely no complaints!

I'd like to have...

03-01-2021, 03:04 AM By Kahala
    • Would You Date (Or Have You Dated) a Disabled Person?

So, I'm someone who's pretty much an open book when it comes to having chronic illnesses/being disabled, since it impacts so much of my life. I try to...

02-26-2021, 10:33 AM By Emily D.
    • Urine Kink?

OK, I (straight woman) am a little shy about sharing this because I know it will put some people off, but I still hope those people will hear me out....

02-13-2021, 10:01 AM By FeelingWeird
    • Vagina Needs Some TLC

LADIES help!!!! I’m going in circles trying to self-diagnose! So... 2 years ago I got tested for BV and it came back positive. All good (absolutely...

02-11-2021, 02:03 AM By cmaria
    Working...
    X