Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first brazilian

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first brazilian

Hey everyone,

I went for my first ever leg wax 2 months ago after having shaved my legs for some time. It started growing back almost immediatlely (as in 2 days later) and I had very bad ingrown rash.

Before I went for my 2nd (and most recent) appointment, I made sure to exfoliate almost every day with a gentle loofah for almost 2 weeks. I noticed regrowth the day after I went for my wax and Im a little dissapointed because I was told after waxing it wasnt meant to grow back for some time. I didnt get the rash.. I think the exfoliating prevented that.. but I also got my first brazilian....
    It wasnt as painful as I had been expecting.. and while feeling sexy for a few days the hair started growing back almost immediately... and now I have horrible rash on my brazilian area.

My question is (yes I'll finally get to it :P) .. Is it normal after the first few waxes to have your hair grow back almost immediately? Or will it settle down after a few more goes and give me the weeks of silky legs like its meant to?

And will the 2nd brazilian (if i also gently exfoliate there and dont let the hair grow back to long) be much better and rash free???

I would appreciate any tips or information about this.. and id love to hear from someone who has experienced similar so I can have some hope of having a nice after-wax finish!

Thanks

• I have been wanting to get a Brazilian wax. So it wasn't that painful? How often do you think you would have to go in to "keep it up"?

And as for waxing. . .I wax my arms, upper lip, eyebrows and sometimes my legs.
    I have never noticed hair for up to a week or so. I sometimes get little bumps but they go away pretty quickly. Waxing, I believe, is pulling the hair from the root so there is no way it should be goring back that fast. Sorry, I'm not really much help!

Comment

• for sure!

For sure will settle down with the time and also with the frecuently you do it! first u need to do it (i mean wax) after every week and then will be 15 days finally u will notice u r just doing it once a month! Sounds perfect ah?

Comment

• Have you ever seen the book "How to Get the Perfect Brazilian Wax". You can get it online from any major online bookstore like amazon. Just type in the title. It is AMAZING!! It answeres every question you would ever want to know about getting any bikini waxing done. The author includes testimonials and everything!!

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleMissy
          I would really love to get a brazilian wax! I usually shave down there but waxing would just last so much longer! How muvh does it cost? And does it really hurt that much?
          Waxing would last a little bit longer and the hair that grow back won't be as prickly. It depends how fancy the place you go to but when i had mine, I spent about $95. It hurts a ton but if you are with a skilled professional it won't be that painful. I came to this forum before I had mine and was advised by many to take aspirin before the appointment (which I didn't do), but I advise if your pain threshold is low.

Comment

• Hair grows back in stages. Waxing is pulling the hair out by the root, so it shouldn't be growing back that quickly. Perhaps the hair you are seeing is dormant hair that has grown up? It may not be the exact same hair that was ripped out. Keep it up and you will notice a difference I am sure.

Have you thought of lasering? It is more expensive initially but cheaper in the long run, as you will eventually be coming less and less and then not at all.
            Hope I helped!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
            • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
            Working...
            X