Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

body sugaring vs. waxing

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well i preffer waxing but read this out for precautions .. it might help **Removed outbound link**
    Last edited by LanaBear; 04-05-2010, 08:05 AM. Reason: Removed outbound link

Comment

• Sugaring is best for me

I've had sugaring done since 1984 by a trained professional. They tend to use a sugaring paste so they put a huge blob on their hand, run it down your leg etc and then flick it back up to pull the hair out. As mentioned before you can go over the same area again unlike waxing and it is water soluble so it can be washed off. Plus it removes the dead skin cells on you as well (turning the paste an opaque colour). I highly recommend it as it is not so harsh and tends to be cheaper (I am in Hampshire and pay £32 for a full leg, bikini and underarm).

Comment

• I have been doing the brazillian with sugaring for the last 7 months or so and am SO happy with it. I have it done professionally and I have no complaints. There is no strip of cloth or anything it is just the sugar that is flicked and the hair comes with it. I go about every 5 weeks and it is smooth. I Love the sugaring. I will say that I never did the waxing as I was talking with friends who had done both and they preferred the sugaring as it was less painful.

Comment

• I use waxing. Yea right! It is little painful but it removes all hair and after waxing we feel softness and smooth in bikini area. So I prefer waxing.

Comment

• Sugar is never hot. Wax is applied warm, but sometimes overheated causing a skin burn and then you know what follows- scabs. Sugar paste is used lukewarm so there’s no chance of burning the skin.

Less strain, less pain. Wax is applied with the direction of hair growth, but removed against the grain of hair growth. But the traditional sugaring technique using the paste is removed in the same direction hair grows, putting less strain on the skin- always a plus for the pain management department.

Comment

• Well that is one hell of an interesting thread! I've never heard of sugaring, but I am intrigued I am most likely going to give it a try, let's see how it works out.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
              • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
              Working...
              X