Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

body sugaring vs. waxing

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well i preffer waxing but read this out for precautions .. it might help **Removed outbound link**
    Last edited by LanaBear; 04-05-2010, 08:05 AM. Reason: Removed outbound link

Comment

• Sugaring is best for me

I've had sugaring done since 1984 by a trained professional. They tend to use a sugaring paste so they put a huge blob on their hand, run it down your leg etc and then flick it back up to pull the hair out. As mentioned before you can go over the same area again unlike waxing and it is water soluble so it can be washed off. Plus it removes the dead skin cells on you as well (turning the paste an opaque colour). I highly recommend it as it is not so harsh and tends to be cheaper (I am in Hampshire and pay £32 for a full leg, bikini and underarm).

Comment

• I have been doing the brazillian with sugaring for the last 7 months or so and am SO happy with it. I have it done professionally and I have no complaints. There is no strip of cloth or anything it is just the sugar that is flicked and the hair comes with it. I go about every 5 weeks and it is smooth. I Love the sugaring. I will say that I never did the waxing as I was talking with friends who had done both and they preferred the sugaring as it was less painful.

Comment

• Originally posted by imported_sexymamaof4 View Post
          I'm just curious what the difference is between sugaring and waxing. I've heard sugaring is less painful, but doesn't get the area as smooth as waxing does. Does anybody know if this is true? Which would you do for your bikini area and why?
          Sugaring has many benefits over waxing. here are just a few:

Sugaring is an all natural form of hair removal. Using only water, sugar and lemon, it is so safe you can eat it.

The sugar solution is applied at body temperature so your skin will not burn.

Sugar does not stick to live skin cells. It removes hair and dead skin cells with little or no discomfort to the skin.

Sugar is more sanitary. Bacteria will not breed in sugar - No double dipping - No cross contamination.

Sugar stays pliable: supporting the hair and removing it cleanly with less breakage or re-growth than waxing hair.

Since sugar is so simple, it can easily be cleaned up with water leaving no residual sticky feeling.

I work at Sugar Me Spa Body Sugaring Waxing Hair Removal Newmarket where you can also get more information

Regards,
          Chayanne

Comment

• I use waxing. Yea right! It is little painful but it removes all hair and after waxing we feel softness and smooth in bikini area. So I prefer waxing.

Comment

• Sugar is never hot. Wax is applied warm, but sometimes overheated causing a skin burn and then you know what follows- scabs. Sugar paste is used lukewarm so there’s no chance of burning the skin.

Less strain, less pain. Wax is applied with the direction of hair growth, but removed against the grain of hair growth. But the traditional sugaring technique using the paste is removed in the same direction hair grows, putting less strain on the skin- always a plus for the pain management department.

Comment

• Well that is one hell of an interesting thread! I've never heard of sugaring, but I am intrigued I am most likely going to give it a try, let's see how it works out.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to LIES

amy40 I'm curious how you can tell they're lying and know this with any degree of certainty?...

Yesterday, 01:37 PM By atskitty2
                • Reply to LIES

I don't tend to lie as such: but I will tactfully tell the truth/bend the truth, so as to not hurt the other person's feelings. Sometimes you HAVE to...

Yesterday, 09:05 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                • Reply to LIES

I'm an open book person & feel compelled to "confess" things to husband like if I think some man I saw is good-looking, lol

08-02-2020, 10:23 AM By amy40
                • Reply to Have You Heard Of An Amicable Divorce? Let's Discuss.

I agree 100%. I wished many times that my parents had just divorced and moved on. I think my mother would be miserable regardless, but I think Dad could...

08-02-2020, 04:22 AM By atskitty2
                • Reply to Pre Mature Ejaculation problem

Welcome to Women's Health Interactive Forums. Could you go into the details a bit more? Not just the physical aspects but also how you relate to each...

07-30-2020, 03:44 PM By jns

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                X