Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I REALLY need advice lady's!!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I REALLY need advice lady's!!

Okay so I do shave my vaginal area.I have been for 2 years.I don't shave it all usually.sometimes I do now.but most of the time I get red bumps from razor burn.its soooooooo painful.I've tried shaving under water,it still doesn't work.I don't stroke one area more than twice.nothing seems to be working.I use the schick intuition razors.the ones with soap built on them.any suggestions because I'm in a lot of pain.I have to go riding tomorrow and hiking but its painful.so suggestions on how to get rid of the razor burn and how to prevent it would be great!

• How to get rid of it? Have you tried powder keeping it dry? That may help, lose pants not tight if possible.

How to prevent it? your obviously sensitive and the soap isn't enough, have you tried baby oil, a razor not as sharp, or other methods that don't involve razor's at all, which scare the carp out of me personally, hot wax noooo...thanks...

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• I have used diaper cream to help with the bumps. give it a go, may help.

Comment

• Have you always used the same razor? I am sensitive to the ones with soap/lotion in them. I know there are some special creams out there for shaving this area. Try a product called "anti monkey but powder" or they have one for just the ladies. Sounds wierd I know but have heard great things about it.
        "When one door closes, another opens. But we often look so regretfully upon the closed door that we don't see the one that has opened for us."
        Helen Keller

Comment

• Maybe you should try just leaving it alone for a while. Let it be as nature intended. There is a reason you have pubic hair, why not let it grow, keep it trimmed if you'd like and save yourself the irritation and frustration?

Comment

• I agree with WildChild. If you just leave it alone, you will not have the issues with irritation, bumps, etc. It has now been over a year since I have even bothered trimming my bush and I am completely happy with the look. I was a bit worried about summertime but it was actually quite easy. I simply went with a boy short swimsuit so that I didn't have to worry about a bikini trim. And my worries about all the extra hair trapping heat and sweat proved not be an issue either. As long as a woman practices proper hygiene, she can stay every bit as clean and fresh with a full pubic bush as without!

Comment

• I know this is gonna sound funny but milk. Milk helps to relieve sunburn and razor burn. Take a milk bath using evaporated milk. I did it once and it helped my irritation. Look online to find the exact measurements of how much to use, thats what I did.
              Dead animals don't equal fashion it equals cruelty

Comment

• Well I have used other razors kinds.but since I've started shaving that area,I stuck with intuition razors.they seem easier for me. I think I might just start trimming because razor rash is the worst.for a while there I didn't get it.I don't understand what I did differently tho not to get it. Hmm.

And a milk bath? Ill try that for sure!!

The pain is enough,but I really worry about scaring.that would be very embarassing for a future partner to see.I've read many articles and most girls say they scared terribly.luckily I haven't scarred.(knock on wood)and I hope I never do.

Comment

• If you've found a razor that works go with it. Personally, I found that "women" razors hurt that area alot more, because of the angle of the blades. They are designed for legs.... but there is hope! A razor that is designed for corse thick hair! lol, found out by accident when my razor was used up, I tried my husbands razor. Mach 3, (the newest one... the one with 5 blades isn't so goood, but the one that came before it is great) I still occasionally get bumps, but for the most part, if I'm careful, I only get a few bumps, and the rest is smooooth. Just pull the skin tight... don't be afraid to go over the spot again (if it's sensitive do it lightly) and eventually it will be smooth.

Comment

• my best friend (well, it's a guy, but...) he uses veet. you spray it on...leave it for like 15 minutes (or whatever it say on the container) and then wash it all off. he even shaves afterwards to make sure it's all smooth and babysoft haha.

another thing is that i, personally, ALWAYS use a new razor. i only started truly shaving my bush when my fiance and i discussed it and he said that's what he preferred. i only shaved it 2-3 times before we broke up but once i used a razor i had used previously and i was bumpy and not smooth at all. i used the venus....embrace? the ones with the lotion built in on either side. i always had to shower after because i felt weird from the goop of the razor, but it worked well.

Comment

• Really? Hmm I thought it was because I used a brand new razor.maybe its just they way I shaved.hmm who knows.but ide like to try that veet thing you talked about.

Comment

• I've shaved mine completely a few times and I never get any redness or bumps but I make sure to use a new razor everytime and I read to shave in the direction the hair is going instead of against it until you have most of it, then shave against the grain. I also found that using women's shave cream irritated and dried my skin so I use plain old barbasol for men. My skin is much smoother using that
                        If a man marches to a different beat perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer and let him march to his own beat, no matter how measured or how far.-Henry David Thoreau

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
                        • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
                        Working...
                        X