Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does waxing seem to be promoting hair growth for me?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does waxing seem to be promoting hair growth for me?

I doubt that it's my imagination.
    I have a huge problem with hair on my front body. (from under collarbone to belly)
    I have light fine hair that's longer than tiny vellus hairs, but obvious enough to be seen in the light, ESPECIALLY under the sun what I'm swimming. Everything is so much more obvious in the sun!

I've waxed many times before, and the hair seems to be growing back longer, more obvious than before I waxed. Is my only solution just to keep waxing? It seems that when I wax one area, the hair on and AROUND that area also grow longer... what's wrong with me?

I thought that it was supposed to minimize hair growth over time, but that doesn't seem to be the case for me. I'm very embarrassed to swim and change in the girls locker room because these hairs are on my breasts as well, and when I look down my body it seems so obvious.

I know that people usually won't look at me that closely, but sometimes if they are looking at a necklace that I'm wearing, or when I get intimate with a boyfriend in the future, or even just going to the beach with a ton of friends this is going to be a problem.

• Hair doesn't grow back faster or thicker but the initial stubble might be more obvious than once it's grown out a bit more.

I don't think it should be cause for embarrassment, but then again I'm a guy and used to running around with body hair.

Comment

• I'm sure my female friends wouldn't mind it, but I don't want to be repulsive to my male buddies.

If you as a guy, believe that it's totally fine...

Me: 1
      Hair: 0

Comment

• The only time body hair would repulse me on a woman is if her five o'clock shadow were darker than mine. Haha!

But everyone's got a different opinion, and I always say that women should go with what makes them feel most comfortable.

Comment

• You are too funny!
          It would definitely be fantastic if every guy had the same point of view as you do on this subject. I mean, I sure don't mind hair on men!

Comment

• Threading any good?

**removed outbound link**

home threading looks cheap

Dont know anything about it any one else have experiance?
            Last edited by LanaBear; 12-12-2009, 04:35 PM. Reason: Removed outbound link

Comment

• Originally posted by Labyrinth View Post
              You are too funny!
              It would definitely be fantastic if every guy had the same point of view as you do on this subject. I mean, I sure don't mind hair on men!
              It's natural for women to have some body hair. It's not exclusive to males. The only females that are naturally hair free are prepubescent girls.

On top of that the hair on your body isn't any different from the hair on your head. Does anyone find head hair repulsive? No. So as long as someone maintains good hygiene and washes daily I don't know why any other hair should be considered gross either.

But that's just my opinion.

Comment

• Futureboy, thank you for your suggestion! I will try it sometime in the future at my local salon.

Originally posted by Tex View Post
                It's natural for women to have some body hair. It's not exclusive to males. The only females that are naturally hair free are prepubescent girls.

On top of that the hair on your body isn't any different from the hair on your head. Does anyone find head hair repulsive? No. So as long as someone maintains good hygiene and washes daily I don't know why any other hair should be considered gross either.

But that's just my opinion.
                I suppose it's the media that's been putting pressure on both men and women to try and be perfect. I know I've been affected somewhat for sure.

You are right about hygiene. Hair is hair, as long as the person is clean it should be fine. And I've been worrying so much about it! I have got to stop fretting over this.

Comment

I suppose it's the media that's been putting pressure on both men and women to try and be perfect. I know I've been affected somewhat for sure.
                  The more insecure they can make you the more stuff they can sell you.

Comment

Futureboy, thank you for your suggestion! I will try it sometime in the future at my local salon.
                    Please give feedback on this thread so we can pass on your experiance (good or bad)

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

I think that's the bottom line! Each person/couple should do whatever feels right for them -- even if it is to please the other party, so long as it's...

09-15-2020, 10:36 PM By JonnyR
                    • Reply to When to call it quits?

It makes perfect sense, though. It might not be fool-proof but really if you find yourself rooting for one side over the other, that kinda tells you exactly...

09-15-2020, 09:47 PM By Strega
                    • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Aside from keeping a bare bikini line in the summer months, I’ve never felt pressured from a societal standpoint to keep my pubic hair a certain way....

09-15-2020, 09:12 PM By Strega
                    • Reply to Letting a friendship fade away

Emily D. thanks....

09-14-2020, 05:13 PM By atskitty2
                    • Reply to When to call it quits?

The guy my friend was dating apparently sensed her disinterest, and asked her if she'd like to continue dating. She avoided the question, and that was...

09-14-2020, 05:09 PM By atskitty2

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
                    • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
                    Working...
                    X