Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Embarrasing hair.

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embarrasing hair.

(I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section, I'm new to this. feel free to move thread!) Now I know theres alot of threads about this. And I also know I'm much younger than most people on here. I'd rather not say how old. I've been lurking here for a while, and I'm really relieved that I'm not alone. Anyway, the problem is I have really thick, dark hairs in embarrasing places and it's making me really insecure. I mostly wear clothing that covers alot of my skin. I already get picked on for my dark arm hairs -- I don't even know what it's gonna be like if people see my stomach & back hairs. I even asked my mum if she could ask the doctor to write letters to my P.E teacher to get me out of P.E. I've been faking back- aches, etc.
    Especially when it involves alot of jumping/whatever.
    Anyway, it's been really depressing for me to see everyone in my class have boyfriends and stuff. I've never had one, because I'm just too insecure about my hairs. I've been growing dark, thick hairs since I was really young. (9 or so)
    Later I started getting more hair in more places, and now I'm even starting to get facial hair -- and I can't cover my face. I'm also really scared I might get PCOS later on. This is to me because I'm an outgoing person and I love hanging out with people. I just always wear really long sweaters so noone can see my back / belly. I know alot of people post stuff like this, but I can't wax because I'm still really young. My mum wont allow that, let alone laser treatment. My mum says it's ''natural''. She's really old fashioned, so I wont even get into that. Talking to my mum just wont help. I know there aren't any more solutions other than waxing,shaving,etc. But I'm too scared to shave because I think it will grow back thicker. And as for boyfriends/friends accepting me for who I am just wont work. I'll always feel unattractive and embarrased about this -- always. I'd give up everything I have just to be hairless and smooth like the girls at my school.
    I know I'm just whining now, but I just felt like putting it out there. It's really bringing me down. I think it would help for me to read what you guys (girls,lol.) have to say. Like things I definitely shouldn't do. (shave,etc.)
    And how to get through this. How you survived.
    Please don't be rude, it took me long enough to actually so much as register. I'm really ashamed. Lol, don't be surprised if I edited my post and deleted everything I've never been this open.
    I'm sorry for the long post! I'm not always like this, promise.

• Aweee. sorry love, you can't edit or delete your post, on this Forum and nor should you be ashamed to be open and ask the World what you can do.

We all have problems in our childhood or did, let me assure you and alot of those do pass. I am wondering though if you have too many male hormones in your body, that is not saying you should have been born a male, so don't take it that way, just sometimes we get a mixture some higher than others, on the genes pool.

Your pure woman.

But, I believe that there is something you may be able to take that will reduce this dramatically, I'd have to google but ultimately, it's not normal for a girl to have more hair than she should growing on your back, face, stomach, at all and you need to tell your Mum, even if she's old fashioned that it's affecting you mentally and you are very upset over it and you purely want to know at the worst, what could be done in the future, maybe it's an imbalance of hormones and maybe there is something you can do about it, tell her you want to be a happy child, full of all the laughter and fun that any other child is having but your not.

I hope she will listen but otherwise, when you are of age that you can see a Doctor on your own, do so, because I am sure there is something you can do other than waxing or shaving and yes, they do say they grow back thicker when you shave, but waxing usually works for several weeks.

Welcome to the Forum...

Don't be ashamed I can tell you have a great little personality there...

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Thank you so much for your response!
      I don't feel ashamed for posting anymore, this means alot to me!
      Ah, I guess I'll just wait till I'm old enough for laser treatment, then. I mean the hairs aren't that thick. They're just.. really visible, lol.
      I heard laser treatment doesn't work for everyone, and that worries me. It would be such a waste of the money if it didn't work.
      Anyone here that tried laser treatment that know more about this?

Comment

• Yes, dear - have had laser. You're right, it is not appropriate for all situations. Depends largely on skin color and hair color. Also, not all 'lasers' are equally effective.
        Search the hair removal threads. Also do some research on the 'net. If you have specific questions, please send me a p.m.
        Best!
        P

Comment

• Does someone use Silk'n SensEpil??? I do and I have the best results!
          It is going to be featured on QVC, you should watch it, they'll explain how it works, it's great!

Tune in QVC this 13th at 2pm EST!

Comment

• Finally someone who feels the same way as I do! I WILL tell you my age. I am 13 and I am soooo hairy I have it on my back, my stomach, my butt, my arms (ew) and I am very embarrassed of it! I have the same issues at school and it makes me mad to even look at all the girls in the locker room who are hair free.. I just hate it! I've been researching all this and I had never found a person with the same issue, but I guess it's not that bad now. What I hate most of all is that I was stupid enough to shave the hair on my stomach and now it's just REALLY disgusting. I hate ittttttt!!! My mom is just like yours and won't let me wax it. I told her I wanted to get that plucking machine thing because I really REALLY want to get rid of it and she didn't let me because she said I won't take the pain. help!!

Comment

• I know this is frustrating and it is possible as you older that you will find it isn't such a big deal. You might want to read this thread.

https://www.womens-health.com/boards...-waxing-2.html

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
              • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
              Working...
              X