Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does shaving cream really make a difference?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does shaving cream really make a difference?

I've never been a big shaver, only do my pits regularly. I hardly ever shave my legs (maybe a couple times a year, only knee and below), and only do my bikini line in the summer. I do this 1. because I'm lazy, 2. because I don't think women should be hairless, and 3. because I get bad razor burn. BUT I don't use shaving cream. When I first started shaving in high school I used it, but I don't know that it made a difference so I stopped to save a buck or two. When I shave I don't even use soap. Just do it in the shower with some running water. Now at 23 I'm wondering if shaving cream is what I've been missing in my life! Any input?

• The reason you get bad razor burn may be because you are shaving your skin when it is too dry? Running water isnt enough. Shaving foam helps the razor to glide over the skin rather than scrape the skin off so i suppose it would help you?

Comment

• Oh yes dear shaving cream is a MUST! Shaving cream + sharp NEW razor + hot water will do the trick nicely, eliminating the razor burn.

Comment

• I shave my area under the shower with a wet razor and shower gel. Seems to do the trick unless I nick myself that is!

Comment

• shaving cream is a must. try shaving shaving your legs one with cream on and the other without and see the difference.

Comment

• I only use shaving cream to shave my bikini area because of the sensitive skin down there. For my legs, I find that I get a better shave when I just stick my leg under the water while I shave them, I think I press harder or something. Seems when I use shaving cream on my legs I have to go over them again without.

Comment

• Shaving cream is a must!!!
              You musts use shaving cream,
              for me at least it helps me not miss spots.

It also moisturizes your skin and helps the ravor glide on your skin.

A used to have a problem like yours and the truth is. Everygirls skin is different.

I would definatley start using shaving cream and then directly when you get out of the shower/bath dry your body and then put lotion on the area of hair removal. If the area of hair removal is "down under" make sure you use an unscented lotion, as the scents in others can lead to irritation and burning.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Are you energized after sex? Or ready to sleep?

We were talking one day about the timing of sex. He is charged up and energized following sex, and I'm super relaxed and usually want to sleep. We're...

09-24-2020, 04:58 AM By atskitty2
              • Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
              • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
              Working...
              X