Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My First Brazilian Wax

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Brazilian Wax

Hello everyone. . .I'm getting my first brazilian wax soon because even though I'm a virgin I feel like me and my friend might end up doing it and i just want it 2 look good lolz he even told me that he doesn't like all the hair down there. What should i do 2 prepare for my first wax?? What should i do afterwards??

• My advice? not have sex....
    "I met in the street a very poor young man who was in love. His hat was old, his coat worn, his cloak was out at the elbows, the water passed through his shoes, - and the stars through his soul."- Victor Hugo

Comment

• I'm not an expert at waxing or anything so I can't give you an exact answer.
      The only thing I can give you is... DON'T BY SHY!

When you go in to get you wax, don't be shy, ask questions. I know it's a little uncomfortable because they are getting ready to see your pride and glory but don't be shy, just remember that this is their job.

Ask these question, and you can even call the salon ahead of time to prepare for the waxing ahead of time.

Definately take some pain medication, like advil or ibueprofin.

Comment

• I'm late at replying, but maybe it's something for others to read. Those who do those waxes have seen everything. If you are worried about how you look....don't be....there is always someone out there with freakier body parts than what you have, lol

That's what I told myself during my first one...then the girl doing the waxing said the same thing, lol It helped alot

Comment

• i remember my 1st time to....i was hesitant but i give it a go.

just remember to always relax when pulling your hair out.
          do not take a shower at least 8 hours after you wax.
          take pain reliever 30 minutes before you start the procedure.

btw, i think it would be better if you let the professional waxer to handle it since it's your first.

Comment

• I love getting waxed!

When I went my first time, I was nervous but extremely excited. I just took a deep breath and laid in comfort.

Just take a deep breath, and don't be so tense. The more tense you are, the more pain you will feel. Try and remain calm. I'm not gonna lie and say it won't hurt, it will hurt-especially depending on your threshold for pain, but at the end you will love the results! And the more you continue to go-the less pain you will feel.

Comment

• Hi
              To get the most out of it exfoliate every several days beforehand and then 2 days after. No sex, sunbeds, hot baths etc for at least 24 hrs. I would also recommend no scream cream to help numb it (I wont get a brazilian without it!) you can get it on ebay, they also do the exfoliate stuff and bump roll to help with ingrown hairs.

Hope that helps!

Comment

• Dear some impotent points as under:-
                Time Required: Almost 15-30 minutes .
                ** Are you normal about shaving? Check out .
                ** Think you know everything about getting smooth?

Only need 1/4" of hair for Brazilian Wax to grab onto, So waxer may trim pubic hair to the correct size. General rule of thumb is that hair needs to be a quarter-inch if it's fine, a half-inch if it's coarse Any shorter and it's too hard for the wax to grab onto. You'll be sent home if hair isn't long enough. ( This will do if waxer is very professional )

Comment

• The downside of a Brazilian wax... while it lasts 3-6 weeks, the hair will grow back -- albeit finer and lighter -- and you'll have to do it again.

Comment

• Well, of course you'll have to do it again, same as plucking - unless you've had a laser hair removal .

I've had this before and would still do it again. I have a thread about my adventure on here and yes, I was teased a little. One thing I remember the most on my first braxilluan wax is that to have it done at least 2-3 days befor you plan (or sort of) to have sex. Exfoliate after the procedure - ask your esthecian when the best time is - maybe about 4 hours after. I did mine once I got home since it was so sticky to the feeling so I had to clean up. I was adviced to take some pain meds prior to the waxing but I didn't i toughed it out. Depending on your threshold, decide whether to take or not, and drink enough water to keep you hydrated.

If you also want some butt hair to be waxed you'll be requested to go on fours ( doggie position) - a little awkward, I know! But you'll love how smooth you are once it's over. There would be a little left over hairs which your esthecian will pluck, so expect that.

If you're a borderline masochist like me,  you'll enjoy it! Haha!!!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

I think that's the bottom line! Each person/couple should do whatever feels right for them -- even if it is to please the other party, so long as it's...

09-15-2020, 10:36 PM By JonnyR
                    • Reply to When to call it quits?

It makes perfect sense, though. It might not be fool-proof but really if you find yourself rooting for one side over the other, that kinda tells you exactly...

09-15-2020, 09:47 PM By Strega
                    • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Aside from keeping a bare bikini line in the summer months, I’ve never felt pressured from a societal standpoint to keep my pubic hair a certain way....

09-15-2020, 09:12 PM By Strega
                    • Reply to Letting a friendship fade away

Emily D. thanks....

09-14-2020, 05:13 PM By atskitty2
                    • Reply to When to call it quits?

The guy my friend was dating apparently sensed her disinterest, and asked her if she'd like to continue dating. She avoided the question, and that was...

09-14-2020, 05:09 PM By atskitty2

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
                    • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
                    Working...
                    X