Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shaving legs...irritation

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaving legs...irritation

I'm currently wide awake again at a time I should really be asleep...and unfortunately my allergy meds have worn off so I'm slowly breaking out in an itchy rash. The GOOD thing about this itchy rash is it reminded me I needed someone to ask my next question to...

Why in the WORLD do my legs burn and itch so badly after shaving them? I use shaving gel, it happens even with a brand new razor, it seems to happen if I'm quick about shaving or slow....and it's massively annoying!!

Does anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions?

• I think you have a very sensitive skin, it happens to me too.. hmm why not trying waxing? It's better than shaving and no knife will scratch your sensitve skin. I would suggest for you to do sugaring than waxing. Sugaring will leave no sticky residue like waxing does. good luck
    Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Anderson

Comment

• That's what my husband keeps saying. I will say I'm allergic to just about everything. No joke....even my allergist and the nurses are careful around me. :P lol

I'll look into sugaring. I've read a bit but not much. What kind of fabric do you use to pull the sugar off?? Does it hurt a lot?

Comment

• I claim the title of hypersensitivity Queen but I won't fight you for it - you are welcome to it. I'm MCS and parabens are my biggie. About 10% of the population is sensitive to them but many don't know it. They have been banned in Europe and are slowing dissapearing in the US but only as a market driven response. Every breast tumor is loaded with parabens. As I understand, it isn't yet clear if paraben causes the tumors or if the tumors just like to play with the stuff but I would avoid it on principal even if you don't know that you react to it.

There are lots of other ingredients you could be reacting to as well. Personally I just use plain old soap when shaving my legs and it works fine. I like the Pure and Natural soap (I think that's a Dial product) I can't tollerate perfumey stuff, or a number of other things but have used the Pure & Natural for years without any problem. We sold a lot of junk for every possible purpose and most of it is really useless.

Comment

• If you use conditioner on your hair, use the same conditioner to shave your legs.

Or like WC said, stop using the shaving gel and use a natural soap.

Comment

• Originally posted by auntie_awesome View Post
            I'll look into sugaring. I've read a bit but not much. What kind of fabric do you use to pull the sugar off?? Does it hurt a lot?
            Well for me, I used a fabric from my used clothes, made from cotton, I cut them into pieces. but you can always buy a waxing strips.

It doesnt hurt alot imo, it was like a 2 secs ant bites cuz it only hurts at the time u pull. But as soon as u get use to it, you'll like it more than shaving. But well shaving is the easiest and quickest way, still, haha
            Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Anderson

Comment

• ive been using venus for two years or more with aveeno shaving gel for sensitive skin and its been working. I dont get razor burns with th aveeno

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
              • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
              Working...
              X