Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NAIR vs VEET vs SHAVING vs FULL MONTY BRAZILIAN WAX

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAIR vs VEET vs SHAVING vs FULL MONTY BRAZILIAN WAX

Hello Ladies,

I am a man and I hope you're not offended by that. If you are, please do not reply to this thread.

The woman I am crazy about has been a shaver everywhere a thong panty covers...for years. Every once in a while, she accepts my offer to have a "full monty brazilian" wax job instead. As they are pretty expensive in our area ($150 - 200) is typical, she is always looking for ways to save $$ while still getting the results she wants...smooth as a baby's bottom.

My first questions to you are: Knowing nothing about NAIR or VEET, what's the difference? Aren't they all the same?

2nd questions: Have you EVER gotten any sort of irritation, anywhere down there from using a dipilatory? If so, what and where?

3rd questions: How does it compare to shaving? Degree of smooth? Hiar regrowth rate/speed? How easy is it to do?

4th question: Will you ever go back to using a razor or other method? Why? Or why not?

5th & final: Do you think it's okay for a man to use the same product in his areas? If your BF asked you, would you recommend that he use the same product to achieve the same results?

Thank you for your help.

• The products will generally be the same, people will just have a preference. I have used Veet and you can certainly feel it working sometimes since it is basically putting acid on your skin and you can literally watch your hairs shrivel up into a mess. It does not hurt but it is not necessarily comfortable either, best thing to do with any cream is to test it on a different part of the body. I tested the bottom of my leg so no one would see it if I got a rash or burning etc. I found out after a couple tries that you need the hair somewhat long in order for it to have better results and also read the labels on the products. I have dark, thick, coarse hair compared to other girls so I need to use the brands made for that otherwise it only works here and there leaving patches. I gave up on the method because my hair grows back fast and again dark and coarse. Hair growth is determined by genetics, you are not going to manipulate that one no matter how many pretty pleases or treatments you do (aside from laser). But pulling the entire hair, including root, will result in longer lasting effects as it still takes awhile for the entire hair to grow back.

I would imagine it is okay for a man to use it but be very very careful if you use a cream the first time, do not go slathering the entire sack and hope for the best. Chances are it is going to sting. So again test like a dab on and see if it removes the hair in that small spot well enough to ones liking. Personally I would never ask my bf to have laser or wax or use an acid cream. He can shave. I can deal with the stubble.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Comment

• Each person is different to be honest. Some have no problem with Nair...while I ended up with burns after just a couple of minutes. I scared and those scars stuck around for quite awhile. Veet is okay and it works. Not my favorite.

I think trimming and shaving is fine. I end up with the same amount of stubble and less pain anyway. :P

I would never ask my husband to use either products. I would imagine that men may be more sensitive in some areas and more susceptible to burns and irritation. Obviously I don't know for sure...something about the skin on men seems like it would be a problem. **shrug**

Comment

• I'm alergic to Veet. On my first time of using it, I stupidly didn't do a pre test on a small patch of skin.
        So for days I was left with red raw legs, and un-believable pain and burning.

I shave now but I have to say the hair grows back quicker. My hair is light but it's dark so it's visible after 2-3 days.

I would love to be able to use hair removal creams, they would be my preferred choice.
        Live Like There's No Tomorrow, Laugh Until The Pain Goes Away, And Love Like Nothing Else In The World Matters.♥.

Comment

• I think the topic's gone a bit wonky sided.
          If I'm correct the guy was asking opinion on Nair & Veet WAX, not the Créme.

Nair & Veet are possibly pretty much alike, I've always gone for Veet Debut Wax Strips, as I find these a better choice for me and they smell wonderful.

I have never had any irritation from these strips, and find it's less likely to happen as these are targeted at people with sensative skin.

It is 110% better than shaving, shaving can lead to cuts, missed areas, and the growth is as little as a few days, meaning shaving is a continious nightmare. Waxing on the other hand is a bit painful until getting used to it, but leaves you feeling a lot smoother and growth can take up to 3-4 weeks to appear, also it is a lot softer hair than when shaving..

I use razor's for a lot of my areas because I find wax strips are pretty small and take a while to do every area, this can also be pretty expensive to cover everywhere with hair.

I think yes of course it's ok for a man to use the same products, I think at first a man would find it a little more painful to start out with if they've not taken up the task of shaving as girls do.... So having a lot longer and more hair growth can be a bit more painful!

Hope that is of some help.

Comment

• Oh, if he is talking about the wax strips, then yeah. I've used the Nair ones and they are great. I just cut them down the size I want. They do make me bleed something fierce, and it's easier to bruise, but they work better. Again, not something I'd ever suggest for my husband to use though.

Comment

• The specific line of products I am speeking of are Veet aerosol (spray on) products.

My partner and I have never used these products before. The only one we have used is a Nair creme/lotion with awful results.

If we are going to wax, then I am going to continue to pay a professional at a salon to do it. No offense, but I'm not ripping away at my partners most sensitive areas for any reason.

I am not opposed to paying to have her waxed, she is, because it costs between $150 - $200 before tip. So that is why she/we are considering Veet...I guess.

SIDE BAR: As we are not married, she frequently expresses concern about the money I spend on her and/or her children. Why?

Please don't ask me to ask her, I have and now I'd appreciate the opinons of WOMEN from this forum. Thank you.

Comment

• I'm a guy and I used veet for the first time today. It worked well and I liked it. There was one area I left it on a little long and I'm feeling it. In the real tender areas of the manhood I wouldn't even consider using it. In the area above the manhood I'd I'll use it again. Razor always seems to finish the job though!

Comment

• I've tried both Nair and Veet.... And.... I thought my vagina was turning into a flame thrower, seriously, if I would have put clothes on, the crotch of my panties and jeans would have been burnt through. So, instead, I soaked in a cold bathtub for about an hour. One of the worst experiences ever, I will never use a depilatory again. I'll stick with shaving, lol.
                  Last edited by LanaBear; 11-22-2010, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• Nair and Veet both burn the heck out of me, i did the whole waxing bit, cost to much..

i just shave, the venus razor for women is the best thing i've found so far..

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Are you energized after sex? Or ready to sleep?

We were talking one day about the timing of sex. He is charged up and energized following sex, and I'm super relaxed and usually want to sleep. We're...

Yesterday, 04:58 AM By atskitty2
                    • Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
                    • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
                    Working...
                    X