Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hair Removal Problem

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair Removal Problem

Im having trouble with my underarm hair. People have told me to stop shaving there, because it will cause a lot of razor burn. So im trying to stop. But then again, my question is:

If you have shaved ur hair is thicker...so does that mean i wont be able wax because my hair is to thick in my underarm area because i have shaved there?
    I have tried waxing it before on my own.. and it didn't go to well

I was also wondering what i could do to remove pubic hair. I dont want to get the brazilian hair wax treatment done. Are ther any other answers???

Thxx

• First off, here are some tips to help you with shaving your underarms and prevents razor burn. Do not try to shave when you are cold or have goose bumps. Always use a good razor. Do not use the same one over and over for months at a time. The more you use your razor, the duller it gets, and this will cause razor burn. Be sure to use a good shaving cream or gel. Try experimenting with different brands because your skin may be sensitive to certain kinds. Do NOT shave with dry skin or with something that is not made for shaving. Also, even after washing, deoderant will leave a layer of residue on your skin. Be sure to use a wash cloth to remove any left over deoderant before shaving as this can cause irritation or infection. If your skin is sensitive there, wait a while before applying fresh deoderant after shaving and make sure the area is thoroughly dry.

As for waxing, it does not matter at all how thin or thick your hair is. It only matters how long it is and how good your wax is. Home waxing kits are not always the greatest thing to use. You will get much better results if you go to a salon. The hair needs to be long enough for the wax to get a firm grip or you will be waisting your time.

Some other alternatives to waxing is chemical removal with a product such as "Nair". You just apply the cream for 3 minutes and then the hair wipes away. Beware that this can irritate some people's skin. You can also look into electrolysis or laser hair removal. These can all be done on any area of the body.

Comment

• Wax the triangle of pubic hair
      Shave between your legs
      Stop shaving your arm pits
      No waxing will not make it grow back soft again
      Get lasser hair removal for a total of 70$ candian...

I find it funny women asking theese questions... being sixteen ive done all theese things since I was 12 ... lol

Comment

• I think we all have our own questions and doubts, there's nothing silly about that.
        I, myself, am a bit terrified of waxing pubic hair, just gives me goosebumps thinking about it.

My arm pits get really irritated too, what I've done is instead of shaving twice a week, I shave them once every week and a half or so, and I try not to shave over the same spot more than twice.

Comment

• i find that some razors are WAYYY better than others. i just read in a magazine that to get a good shave you should use the kind with like 4 blades on it so you can get everything in a couple sweeps over the skin. i also like shave gels, i think they work really good for me, better than like soap or something.

but to be honest, in the pubic area...i gotta say waxing is better than shaving. i tried shaving my bikini line before...i had to stop because i would keep getting bumps, i just waxed about a week and a half ago, and it's still pretty good. hair hasn't really grown back yet

Comment

• Quick note: shaving does not make the hair thicker (common misconception). Hair is naturally tapered, with a thin tip and a wider, coarse base. Shaving cuts off the tapered tip, leaving the blunt, wider base, so when you run fingers over it, it feels coarser and thicker. However, the structure of the hairs has not changed, and there are no more hair folicles than there were before. (Left unshaved long enough, hair that was shaved will resume the tapered appearence of unshaved hair, just through natural wear.)

Comment

• hair removal

Well when it comes to how your hair feels after out growth,
              i have been having a Brazilian wax done and when my pubic hair starts to grow back, it gets softer every time. My waxer says ha tafter time my hair will get thinner and thinner. Cool I can't wait.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

I think that's the bottom line! Each person/couple should do whatever feels right for them -- even if it is to please the other party, so long as it's...

09-15-2020, 10:36 PM By JonnyR
              • Reply to When to call it quits?

It makes perfect sense, though. It might not be fool-proof but really if you find yourself rooting for one side over the other, that kinda tells you exactly...

09-15-2020, 09:47 PM By Strega
              • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Aside from keeping a bare bikini line in the summer months, I’ve never felt pressured from a societal standpoint to keep my pubic hair a certain way....

09-15-2020, 09:12 PM By Strega
              • Reply to Letting a friendship fade away

Emily D. thanks....

09-14-2020, 05:13 PM By atskitty2
              • Reply to When to call it quits?

The guy my friend was dating apparently sensed her disinterest, and asked her if she'd like to continue dating. She avoided the question, and that was...

09-14-2020, 05:09 PM By atskitty2

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
              • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
              Working...
              X