Women's Health Interactive Forums

• Before signing up for our forum please read our rules.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Men removing hair everywhere!? - a trend? Or weird???

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Men removing hair everywhere!? - a trend? Or weird???

DH gave Nair a try. They have a men's version that sprays on and it seems to have de-fuzzed him pretty well. *It still smells awful however! He was asking me to help spray his back and I noticed for the first time that he shaves his armpits?! He said he has been doing this for many many years and I never noticed...

My first reaction was - this is weird. I asked him why and he said it makes him "stink less" which I'm all for. This Androgel drug keeps him in his T-Shirt 24-7 so I rarely see him naked (up there anyway) and we don't shower together anymore. *I need to loose weight before I let him see me that "naked" again.

Anyway, I did some Google searches and see that many men shave or remove a lot more then just arm pit hair or back hair. How common is this? I mean we have both shaved our private regions but I'm not so sure how I would feel about him starting to shave his legs for example. Although I'm not sure why that would bother me unless he was also going to start wearing nylons! ;-)

Anyway, just wondering whats going on in the rest of the universe.
    "Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got." ~ Janis Joplin

• I would not find a hairless man attractive.
    My boyfriend has hair in all the requisite places: chest, legs, pits, privates ... he keeps it tame, and that's the way I like it. Granted, his job isn't the kind where he does a lot of physical labour (he has to shower right after PT; the Army has that regulation right!!) so he doesn't have a problem of "stinking." If he decided he wanted to remove his hair I guess I would go along with it, but I would be badly disappointed.
    Then again, I'm not very stringent about hair removal on my own body. If I have stubble on a day I want to wear a skirt, I'm not going to run to the bathroom to shave. Nobody that I know of will be touching my legs ...
    <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• So, if you guy did remove the hair on his legs for example it would be ok? No weirdness factor? I'm trying to put it together what about this bothers me. Nothing I guess? Which might be what bothers me? ;-)

Comment

• Oh, I wouldn't like that. If I wanted to date a woman, I'd just date a woman.
        I wouldn't be able to pull his leg hairs when he ticked me off Haha, just kidding of course, but smooth, hairless legs just don't do it for me in a man. They go in along with long, silky hair and high-pitched voices under "not my type."
        <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• Got to agree Pheobe,

I love a man with hair in the right places, spells "rugged" to me, and love to run my fingers through the hair of a mans chest.

The only time I've seen shaved mens legs haha, true is Body Builders, they shave everything, and it does look ok, but probably because sub-consciously I know why they do it, but i don't like it even with all those muscles.

Getting weak, and leaving now.
          PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• I am hairy in general. Chest, stomach, legs, and a little on my back (which I cannot freaking stand). I shave the back hair (actually have my wife do it) and I shave my b*lls. I trim my underarm hair (fairly close) as well as my chest hair. I shave the hair on my stomach (because I'm not overly fond of that too).

In the past I have shaved EVERY hair on my body (not my head), but that was when I was swimming. My wife was ok with it (neither really for or against). When I quit swimming, then I let the hair grow but have kept it "under control" to this day.

The nair is very interesting to me. I hate that it smells so bad though...that might be a deal-breaker for me because my s/o can't deal with smells like that. Tell me...does it still smell on him after all is said and done or just when he used it?

I don't like "stubble", but I can't stand being hairy either. I guess I'm just stuck in the middle.

Cheers.

Comment

• Thanks all... Well the back hair being gone is (I must admit) nice. Thats not a good look. He also did the belly "fuzz" and thats ok. Thankfully his legs are still hairy and thanks for the idea Little! Plucking a hair there does make him be a bit more civil! ;-)

Fire the smell from the Nair is only when you apply it. Its "chemical" smelling. You spray it on like that foam you do to clean rugs and then wait 5 to 10 minutes then you take a damp cloth and remove the foam and the hairs all just come up with the foam. Since he has never shaved this area he had quite a forest so it was quite a lot of fur to remove. Anyway when your done you take a shower and your pink and fur less. Hey its cool! DH has a belly button!

DH also does some ahh... private area grooming. We tried the bald look and that was ok but he had surgery and it left scars so he let his pubes grow back and he just trims them short and shaves the "Equipment" Pubic hair between the teeth and all that.

BTW you can NOT use Nair down there... The product will just burn and won't remove pubic hair so don't try it. Don't ask why we know that either! ouch ouch ouch ouch!

Comment

• Originally posted by Phoebee View Post
                DH gave Nair a try. They have a men's version that sprays on and it seems to have de-fuzzed him pretty well. *It still smells awful however! He was asking me to help spray his back and I noticed for the first time that he shaves his armpits?! He said he has been doing this for many many years and I never noticed...

My first reaction was - this is weird. I asked him why and he said it makes him "stink less" which I'm all for. This Androgel drug keeps him in his T-Shirt 24-7 so I rarely see him naked (up there anyway) and we don't shower together anymore. *I need to loose weight before I let him see me that "naked" again.

Anyway, I did some Google searches and see that many men shave or remove a lot more then just arm pit hair or back hair. How common is this? I mean we have both shaved our private regions but I'm not so sure how I would feel about him starting to shave his legs for example. Although I'm not sure why that would bother me unless he was also going to start wearing nylons! ;-)

Anyway, just wondering whats going on in the rest of the universe.
                Thank you for the laugh! This post made my day. This is something I had been wondering about myself and was thinking the same thing. I couldn't have said it any better myself. Have a good one!

Comment

• Veet with Aloe works downstairs; never irritated my skin.
                  It doesn't take the hairs ALL away, but it makes them thin enough to not dull out a brand new razor.

Comment

• Hi Little, just for clarity sake. Are you saying that Veet with Aloe works on PUBIC hair?
                    Cheers.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to My Wife & Orgasm

If you're looking for more discussions or tips on sexual health and pleasure, you might find some helpful articles on a site like https://periuod.com...

Yesterday, 05:18 PM By Dakotas66s
                    • Sex before marriage

What a wonderful resource this site is for men like me. There are so may unanswered questions men have about women and sexuality and it’s refreshing...

04-15-2024, 05:27 PM By easygoing
                    • Reply to Long term marriage with Sexual Frustration and E.D.

Hey, just wanted to share some simple advice based on your situation:

1. Keep talking openly with your wife about your feelings.
                      2. Consider seeking help

04-14-2024, 02:02 AM By AnnaMav
                    • Reply to The wounds are fresh and raw

Natty1522, your previous post was several weeks ago about this guy ghosting you. I know it hurts but you cannot pull him back if he wants to go. I would...

04-11-2024, 08:38 PM By jns
                    • The wounds are fresh and raw

It's been 3 weeks since a person that I thought really cared and loved me "ghosted" me.

It still hurts everyday...It doesn't help...

04-11-2024, 06:22 PM By Natty1522

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                    X