Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please HELP!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please HELP!

I posted here about a week ago, eager to get some answers, and was completely ignored. So I will ask my questions again.

I'm 19 and planning to have sex soon. I got birth control at the student health center, but they wouldn't examine me because I'm a virgin, so they said there was no point. I was looking forward to making sure my vagina is normal & such, so now I have some unanswered questions:

1. My vaginal opening is very small and rather curved. I can get one finger in it, and that isn't an enjoyable experience. I bought a menstrual cup and haven't been able to insert it. On the side of my vagina nearer to my clitoris, there's a round sort of bone basically right in the opening that you have to maneuver around to get into the wider part of my vagina. Is that normal? I keep looking up "pubic bone" and "vagina" and such in google and find no mention of this bone. I think it's a bone? It's hard and inflexible.

2. I have some little white bumps around my labia and clitoral hood. They don't itch at all, and they're hardly even bumps. When I squeeze them, a tiny amount of white substance comes out that isn't really liquidy. It's almost papery? Like soggy paper or something. What's that?

Thank you so much!

• I just read your post, so I do not know if you had sex yet. I want you to think about something very seriously and that is STDs. The one that comes to mind is HPV. There is no cure yet for it, and different strains can lead to cervical, anal, mouth, vagina, vulva cancer. Men cannot really be tested for it, and there is no vaccine for men to prevent them from getting it. Condoms do not even protect a women or men completely. You are so young, and I do not know if the boy you are going to sleep with is young. Meaning you have to think about males' mind at that age. He might cheat, and he might not tell you. This is not to be meant as judgement. It just stuff like this happens. He might already have a sexual past. He might already be infected, and he does not know he is infected. I am not telling you to remain a virgin for the rest of your life but just be careful. Never loose your wits about protecting your body. I was married and have a son. My husband cheated on me, and he gave me HPV. This is something that women must constantly think about how to protect themselves.

Comment

• Hi Heyhey!

Sorry no one responded, I don't recall seeing your post. I'm not sure what this "bone" would be. Perhaps you need to talk to the clinic again and take the approach that you need assistance with the menstural cup and the white bumps rather than anything related to sex. Then would have to opportunity to get your questions answered.

It's good you are planning ahead and have gotten on birth control. 2ndchance made some good points about safe sex.

Then problem of being tight is usually resolved by being really aroused. Lots of foreplay will help that. Relax and enjoy!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X