Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need help easying my mind about test results

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help easying my mind about test results

Okay this may be lengthy but I am going to start from the begining. I gave birth to my 4th child on August 14, 2008. I have had my yearly check ups every year for atleast the past 12 years and never had a abnormal pap including the pap that they do when you first find out that you are pregnant. I went back for my post partum check up on sept. 25 and that pap came back abnormal. It showed atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance. My doctor told me not to worry about it that it was probably from giving birth. I was then scheduled for another pap on February 2, 2009. That one also came back abnormal. It showed atypical glandular cells of undetermined signgicance. I was then scheduled for biopsies on March 9, 09. I had 2 biopsis done and right after I left the office I got a call saying that I was supposed to have had 3 done. I could not get back in until later in the week to get the 3rd one done. My doctor came in for the 3 rd one and said that he was not going to put me through having the other biopsy because the first two had come back and he thought that we needed to take the next step. one of the biopsies showed chronic and acute cervicitis with atypical squamous metaplasia, and the other showed endocervical tissue with endocervical glandular atypia. He told me that I need to have a cold cone and a DNC right away because he wanted to rule out cancer. The nurse called me the next day to schedule and it is not until April 21, 2009. I got a little upset and told her that the doctor wanted to do this right away, she just told me not to worry about it that I will be fine until then. Has anyone else ever had this and how did it turn out. I am not worried about the test but when he said he wanted to rule out cancer all I could think about was leaving my 4 kids behind. I am scared and can't seem to put my mind at ease. If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it.

• I forgot to add that I haven't had a period in 3 months (I am not pregnant I havethe essure implants)

Comment

• IN younger days I had constant irregular paps. No big deal, all truned out to be nothing. Did have a DnC once then. Had one last year with a Ablation for a different problem, again no big deal. You'll bleed or spot for a few days and be fine.

Chances are this is just due to some minor irritation. Did you know having two paps close together, the first could cause the second to show abnormal cells? Just get it over with and chances are that will be all you need.

Comment

• Hi sweet,

The word Cancer scares the out of you, and often we read stories " if only i had checked earlier" but there is the key, you have gone through some major tests that we woman hate having, and are quite painful, and scary but the fact is you have gone through all the tests.

If, April which is now, (3 weeks away) was not immediate, enough trust me your Doctor would be trying other hospitals.

Your Doctor is aware of the date, has received notification and has not done anything to change it so don't stress over it.

I always think that when we don't know enough and feel scared, we should pick that phone up and talk to our Doctor for the reasurance we need, so whilst I am a person you don't know, why not just make that phone call so that you can breathe and feel okay about all of this.

The fact that your Doctor decided for more tests and didn't stop at 2, means that he/she knows what he/she is doing.

CW
        PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X