Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

no symptoms whatsoever

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no symptoms whatsoever

I was recently tested for all STDs and got a call today that there were some "abnormalities". I have to go in and have some blood work done before I find out what is going on during my appointment on Thursday. Last I had sex was in October. I haven't had a single symptom whatsoever. Nothing unusual, no weird smells, no pain, itching, nothing.

How common is it to have an STD and not have a single symptom, outside of the "1-3 weeks after contact" rule? I'm trying to keep myself as most at ease as possible and am wondering if it's likely to be one over another.

• The only thing i can think of that has the possibilities to not show any symptoms is chlamidia (not sure on the spelling). Dont stress too much though its not a serious one and can be cured and is very common. Unfortunately most people dont know they have it but not saying thats what you have. It could be something not related to an infection or disease at all, it could be something internally that needs another check

Good luck with your appt though. Please do tell us how it goes

Comment

• Better safe than sorry! Sometimes the test results are just unclear and they need to retest. Instead of saying that the sample may have been handled improperly they tell you there are abnormalities.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X