Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vaginal vault prolapse

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vaginal vault prolapse

Hi,
    My doctor has recommended vaginal vault surgery for me. Has anyone had this surgery? in what age group are you? how long ago was the surgery? still successful? any complications? I am in my late 60's. My doctor has recommended this surgery for me and I would like to be as prepared as I can.

• Hello Kathy

I have not had vaginal vault surgery but I have had a prolapse of the womb, bladder, and bowel surgery. I can only comment on this.. My surgery was about two hours long I stayed in hospital for two days but I would of liked to of stayed in longer. My bladder became infected so i could not pee without a catheter so I went home with one still in for five days until my infection cleared. I then have had on going vaginal infections and many antibiotics. Six months later I had my second op to cut away vaginal attachments (vagina stuck together) this was painful as i could not stand sit or do much else really. One year on I am now due to have vaginal tightning to secure and streghten the vagina. I still have vaginal discharge as my vagina walls have collapsed together. I have been told by my GP that the strenghening of the vaginal walls should be treated while the prolapse surgery is being done, but the NHS has put this tightning procedure in the cosmetic sector...so I have had to fight to get this done. I am 38 .

I hope your surgery goes well im sure it will. My surgeon said my surgery has been complicated as my body has not been healing very well and my vaginal nerves are in over drive this is why one year on I still feel pain. I dont think this is the norm...All the best to you .

Comment

• Hi Marie,
      And the best to you, too. I am sorry to hear that you have been going through so much.
      Kathy

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X