Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BV and other issues? Some concerns :(

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BV and other issues? Some concerns :(

Hello, I don't know where to start really, except for the beginning so I guess that's the best place.

I'm Twenty-One and I've always felt off, vaginally. Sex never crosses my mind because it never feels good for me and if it does, it only lasts for five-ten minutes and then it becomes painful.

I went to an obgyn about a year ago and they said I had a bad case if BV and that it looked like I've had it for a long time as she said it looked liked I had "strawberry spots" all over my cervix and prescribed me two antibiotics for two weeks. One was netronidazole and there was another. When I took them, within 15 minutes I was almostto the point if vomiting. I don't know if that's because of how strong the antibiotics were or how bad my infection was but after the two weeks I went back because I didn't feel like it had cleared up so she prescribed me metro-gel for two weeks. I didnt go back because I still didn't feel any better.

I do have the green-tinged discharge but I lack the fishy odor, I've never had it. I also get pains where I assume my ovaries are located. Usually a dull pain all day and where they feel like something is just "wrong". The obgyn said I had no cysts but some days I just get sharper pains. Sometimes just one side, sometimes both and sex can set off the ovary-sited pain.

I don't know what to do since the BV won't seem to go away and the pains cause problems with the boyfriend and I because even if I'm in the mood to have sex, I'm scared it'll start hurting and it'll be cut short and end up frustrating both of us.

What do I do? Go back to an obgyn? Figure out what the pains are? Could it be PID? Could this long term bv and ovarian pain be a sign of something that could ruin my chances at children later on?

Thanks so much.

• yes yes! Back to the obgyn, or a different one, til you have figured out what's going on.

Comment

• You might need to consult a few DIFFERENT obgyns. It seems to me a little bit like your original doctor either didn't take you seriously or wasn't educated enough to help you properly.

Comment

• Well, my problem is that I don't have health insurance. I was lucky to be living in southern california at the time and they had a clinic i was about to go to and it was free of charge. I don't know where to look where I am right now and from what I read, planned parenthood charges and I don't have a hundred dollars laying around to pay for it =(

Comment

• I am really sorry for what you are dealing with.
          Look green weather it has a smell to it or not is never a good color. I understand the money is an issue but you need to find another doctor. To have strawberry spots on the cervix? the cervix??? just doesn't sound like a normal thing.
          Is it for sure to be only a bad BV? What kind of swabs did the nurse/obgyn take? Its quiet sad how some people can't figure out the problem yet so many years of schooling for what?????
          I have seen many gynecologist for my issues and if you don't keep on trying to go to someone else you may run into so many problems that few hundred dollars will seem like nothing compare to the cost it can get to.

Please try to go somewhere else, ask a close friend to borrow you money.
          Try your best to resolve this problem, the sooner you start resolving the problem, the better it will be for you and for your health.

Take care
          Last edited by hope4Kathy; 03-06-2010, 08:49 PM.

Comment

• While I've been researching my problems I've come across alot of sites that say that strawberry spots on the cervix are usually Trichomoniasis so you might want to have them take a swab for that. I believe they take a swab and look at it under a microscope to look for the parasite that causes Trich.

Comment

• I have Chronic BV and too have the pains that you are speaking about. My pain turned out to be cysts, but they come and go. I say if you can afford to go back, get all testing done and see if u can get the Gyn to authorize refills. DO NOT GO TO PLANNED PARENTHOOD!!!!! They are money hungry and if your symptoms still persist after they have seen you, that want to run the same tests all over again. I was paying $180 + per visit in Texas (only to get the same diagnosis & meds)

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
              X