Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help...!irrarular and scared

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help...!irrarular and scared

ok i am 24 and my menstrual cycle has never been regular.
    ever since i have started as a young teen it never came every month but maybe once or twice a year but i attributed it to just being young and it happens. but into my twenties it continued i would go a year or so without anything then one day bam it is here (but even then they where very light and short(2-3 days max), even to the point where i would not use pads or tampons and never had a prob) in Aug.(approx) of 08' i started going to the dr. and asking why and what that meant. they did some blood tests on me and a pelvic ultra sound, my blood tests showed all hormone levels where normal range but there where almost equal amounts of test. and estro. the ultra sound showed small cysts but i was assured that neither where anything to be to be concerned about. they gave me a 2 month supply of Yaz (a birth control pill) and said that might regulate it.
    i took the first months set and at the end i started my period but it was very heavy to where i went to the store wearing a fresh(new) heavy tampon and pad and 5 min into walking into the store i had bleed through both. but there where no cramps or anything...?
    after that long cycle(7-10 days(with clots)) i went back to almost "my normal" just a bit heavier and every 2-3 months in between.
    just this last Dec.(second week) i started again and it was a bit heavier than my new norm. i bleed for about 4-5 days and stopped for a day or so then it comes back i have been bleeding like this since then but last week i had some unusual cramping(bad enough i thought i had a UTI) and no bleeding for almost the whole week slowly i started bleeding again and the more i bleed the better i felt...!?!?
    im so confused and i wanna know whats up...help?
    yes
    0.00%
    some yes and some no
    100.00%
    no
    0.00%
    other
    0.00%

• Did your doctor ever follow up with the cyst they found? Usually when they find a cyst they leave it for 3 months to see if it ruptures. If it does it can cause blinding pain and heavy bleeding.
    Otherwise, in my experience, 4 ovarian cysts and endometriosis caused 4 years of irregular periods (while on birth control or not) and severe cramping. Maybe ask your doctor to follow up with what they found

Comment

• Understanding what a normal menstrual cycle is for you is very important. Changes in your menstrual cycle could be a sign that you have a medical condition that should be treated by a doctor.

However, if you aren't aware of the patterns your menstrual cycle tends to follow, you might not notice these changes until they are drastic, and your medical condition has progressed more than it had to.

That is why it's important to keep a menstrual cycle calendar.

What Is a Menstrual Cycle Calendar?

A menstrual cycle calendar is a record in which you'll keep track of your menstrual cycle**Removed outbound link**

It can be a journal with a page for each day, an appointment calendar with blocks big enough to write in, or even a wire bound notebook small enough to carry in your purse.

Making Notes in Your Menstrual Calendar

You want a menstrual calendar you can carry with you at all times, so you can make notes of anything related to your menstrual cycle. Things like:

**When you experience premenstrual or menstrual symptoms, like backaches, mood swings, bloating, or fatigue.

** The severity of your menstrual cramps.

** When your period starts.

** How light or heavy your menstrual flow is.

** When your period ends.
      Last edited by LanaBear; 03-08-2010, 08:12 AM. Reason: Removed outbound link

Comment

• thank you for all the input unfortunitally i lost my insurance and cannot afford to go to the Dr.
        the last time i meet with my Dr. she told me that she did not see any reason that my menstrual cycle would be as irragular as it is. as far as i can tell i have not have any ruptures because i have not have any real pain...?

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X