Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Area to be swabbed?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Area to be swabbed?

I've been having alot of soreness, redness and burning around the vulva area so my GP has decided I need a swab, however the swab he recommends is a high vaginal one and one of my friends said this isn't the best way to go, she thinks I need one of the area that is giving me problems in case there is an infection there that hasn't found it's way to the cervix. Does anyone know which area I would need the swab in or should I try and persuade the nurse to do both?

• The swab he is referring to is called a Pap Smear and the only way you do that is via the cervix. The same cultures that are on your vulva area and also deep inside, to the cervix and they are higher content in there even if you don't feel anything in there.

It could be a simple thing like Thrush, but your Doctor wants to make sure that, that is all it is.

In the meantime, try putting natural yoghurt around your vulva area, it will help calm it down as well as warm baths.

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Thanks for the reply, it's definitely not thrush or bacterial vaginosis because I've already been tested for those and tried countless thrush treatments too including using Acidophilus capsules as pessaries and none of it worked. I just wondered because they are also considering a UTI if the bacteria could have just settled around the vulva and not actually worked its way further up and if there is some I don't want them to miss it!

Comment

• If anyone has the same predicament as me and is wondering what the answer was I got swabbed both high up and a bit lower down as the nurse agreed it would be better to cover both areas just in case.

Comment

• I really wouldnt worry Sarah - if the type of swab is concerning you, speak to your Nurse about it, but dont get anxious about what your mates are saying...you are going to a NURSE afterall. She knows what shes doing. You'll be fine.
          "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - Chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO-HOO what a ride!!"
          "I dream about being with you forever." - Twilight

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Body hair removal

I bought this https://amzn.to/3ksMqDc
            to see if I could do my eyebrows at home and this seemed like an easy option without having to buy other products....

Today, 08:41 AM By kalya25
          • Reply to How to ask for what I need?

do not even ask him about nothing and do not give him too much cuz believe me one day he will leave you this is the truth just give him everything he...

Today, 08:35 AM By kalya25
          • Reply to Have You Ever Heard Of (Or Tried) Nipple Banding?

I enjoyed your article!
            Is it generally more enjoyable for men or women? Or is it completely dependent on the person and their general level of...

Today, 05:20 AM By atskitty2

Waxing is the way to go if you want a fur-free effect that lasts for three to six weeks. Waxing may sound complicated or messy, especially for thicker...

10-22-2020, 09:48 AM By kalya25

I also want to know....

10-21-2020, 08:00 AM By alicemia

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X