Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

please help

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help

hi im 18 yrs old and ive been in a committed relationship for 2 yrs now. my boyfriend and i do engage in unprotected sex. we both were tested before we started. he is/ has been my only sexual partner. my period is regular and ended last wednesday. my boyfriend and i had unprotected sex that thursday. i have been experiencing brown discharge that started light (the day after my period) and seems to have gotten a little heavier. i dont know what this is. ive read that it could be my vagina ridding itself of old blood but i just want to make sure. like i said before i was tested (in nov.) and was negative for std's. im just curious as to what this may be. please help. thank you.

• Well if you engage in unprotected sex, you will eventually get pregnant. If that's not something you want, I'd consider some birth control options and save yourself a lot of trouble.

As for the brown discharge, yeah, that's normal, don't worry about it.

Don't worry unless your next period is very abnormal in some way.

Comment

• More than likely it is just old blood leaving your body, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you start itching or it starts smelling bad or the discharge changes, I'd think about getting seen by the Dr.

Just out of curiosity, if you both are having unprotected sex, are you not worried about getting pregnant?

Comment

• i definitely dont want to get pregnant. it just started happening that way but i do plan to use protection again. thank you for the feedback

Comment

• mab - I agree with what the others say about the discharge. Unless there is a very bad and unusual smell there is nothing at all to worry about. If there is a bad smell or if it persists then please go see a doctor.

Please remember that the last day of your period has little or no meaning in relation to when you are most likely to get pregnant. You need to count from the first day of your period.
          Now let us sport us while we may; / And now, like am'rous birds of prey,
          Rather at once our time devour, / Than languish in his slow-chapp'd power.
          Let us roll all our strength, and all / Our sweetness, up into one ball;
          And tear our pleasures with rough strife / Thorough the iron gates of life.
          Thus, though we cannot make our sun / Stand still, yet we will make him run.

Comment

• I also agree that the discharge may be a normal reaction of your body riding itself of old blood. However, if this is not something you have experienced before it is best to seek the advice of a Doctor. It can be simple as we are saying or it could be something else. It is always best to ask a Doctor before you dismiss it. Remember they have seen and heard almost everything, and that is why they are there.

I would also like to say good for you for getting checked out and getting your partner checked out. Since you are sexually active now I would recommend checking out WebMD and finding out everything you can about your body. Pay attention to your body inside and out. Being familiar with your body allows you to recognize things that are wrong before they go very wrong. It also helps you understand what it is you like and helps your partner and you have a better sex life. I encourage you to look at your options for BC unless a child is what you are after. Don't just pick one based on what your room mate says, or BFF. Base your decision on information and what is best for you and your active life. Remember we all have the same stuff, but we are different.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
            X