Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

missed period

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missed period

I haven't had my period since feb 3rd and I have taken 3 pregnancy tests and nothing comes up. I had a baby in 2005 and I have had my period til this time and I am not sure what's up. My doctor is one those you can't really talk and they listen. He told me I had low LDL but I don't know if that is the cause. I am married and we DTD a few days before I thought my period would start and I haven't seen anything yet.
    ~Lydia~
    wife 2 James
    mom 2 Gloria

• Has your routine changed at all? Stress, change in habits, exercise or eating?

There are many reasons for a missed period, our bodies tend to respond to the slightest change. I'd wait it out another month, if nothing happens and you have yet another negative HPT, I'd go into the Dr just to have a once over and make sure everything is okay.

Comment

• If you can, Change Doctors. If you don't feel like they are listening to you you need to change. Sometimes, though Doctors seem like they are not listening but they are. You can keep the same Doctor and just be assertive and if something isn't addressed to your liking keep asking. Doctors often forget that you may not know what they are talking about, a nod from a patient may make them think you understand. The best thing to do is ASK, ASK, ASK. Never leave a Doctors office with unanswered questions. Change Doctors if you feel you are not being treated right, and always remember you have the power of knowledge, the doctor is only as powerful as you let him be. Stand up and remember he/she is human and may have gone to medical school but only you knows your body, its normality and abnormalities. I would take another test, talk to your doctor and ask so many questions. If the doctor uses unfamiliar terms ask them to explain it better.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X