Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my sister stores used sanitary towes under her matress

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my sister stores used sanitary towes under her matress

so me and my friends were making a slide down my stairs using the matresses. and we took mine and then decided to use my sisters too. only we changed our minds when we discovered that there was used sanitary towels stuck underneath the matress. we were pretty wierded out so we decided to search her room to see if she had anymore stashed. she had a whole bag full in one of her draws that obviously had been there for ages cos it stank. its pretty disgusting. especially cos she shares her room with my 5 year old brother. luckily were moving house in a week so theyll get seperate rooms. im really grosses out. i havent told her or my mum about it.
    does anybody know people that do this? and do you think that i should tell my mum?

• This is why you shouldn't be getting things out of your sister's room even if she shares it with your brother. I'm sure she is highly embarrassed about her period and this will only make things worse. She will be worried about being teased by you and your friends, possibly through her entire life.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Don't say anything to your sister about it. Do talk to your mom about and ask her that she doesn't tell your sister that your the one that told that way she doesn't have to suffer further embarassment by feeling you know about it.

My guess is she is scared of you guys finding them in the trash... ashamed of her period etc... this is something your mom will need to talk to her about and comfort her and teach her appropriate ways to dispose of them that are unnoticable and sanitary.
      Scars remind us of where we've been...they don't have to dictate where we're going.

Comment

• She could have a hoarding problem. Some people get it psychologically, and are afraid to throw things away.

Comment

• Originally posted by jns View Post
          This is why you shouldn't be getting things out of your sister's room even if she shares it with your brother. I'm sure she is highly embarrassed about her period and this will only make things worse
          Spot on! Girls, especially young ones, can be very private and self-conscious about their periods. I'm 27 and still hide my sanitary towels (used and new) from my husband. Used ones, especially, as I suffer from heavy periods and wear very large, thick pads, so they are wrapped up many times in loo roll, and then hidden at the very bottom of the bin.

New pads in packets I keep in a locked cupboard, along with my other private 'girls things', such as my period undies, vibrators and 'toys'. And he knows not to go near there!

I also never put on or change my pads in front of my husband, but always in private, either in the bathroom, or the bedroom when he's not there, and at night when I'm on, I go to bed wearing heavy pyjama bottoms, covering up my knickers and thick night-time pad underneath, and a nightie on top, so he can't see anything.

That might sound daft or silly to some, but I just don't like sharing those sorts of things with a man (ANY man), and my husband respects that, and and my privacy when it comes to my intimate things.

Pippa.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
          • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
          Working...
          X