Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missed Period

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed Period

I'm 15 and I'v had my period since I was 11 or 12. My period is more than 3 weeks late and I still have not gotten it. What could be the problem? Do i need to see a gynocologist or somthing? (There is also no way I could be pregnant)

• Probably nothing to worry about.

cutie123,

You are still young. It is not abnormal to skip a period here or there as your body is changing. Your late period is probably due of fluctuations with your hormones, something that can happen during puberty. Talk to your doctor to rule out any medical issues.

I hope that all will be well with you.

Ali
    Last edited by alibaby; 03-25-2007, 10:39 AM.

Comment

• Hi.

Yes, I was very irregular when I was that age. I remember one time I went five months with no period. They came and they went. I did not really become regular until I was 21 or 22. I would have heavy ones and light ones...I never knew. Like the lady before me said, I believe that it is very normal for that kind of stuff to happen during the teenage years. Don't worry too much about it. You are young and, as already stated, your body and hormones are changing a lot these days. Just be prepared because it could come when you least expect it. I would personally love to miss a period for a few months for no reason at all! haha!!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• matebook 14

One easy way to transfer your apps - From Social Media, Banking apps to News Apps and many, many more - contacts, data, files and photos from your old...

Yesterday, 01:59 AM By cikoxob
      • Reply to does birth control cause inflammation?

I haven't read any documentation on inflammation related to birth control pills. The risk of blood clots is well documented especially among smokers or...

10-20-2021, 01:15 PM By atskitty2
      • Reply to A night away - best sex in a long time

I can completely relate. I remember having sex facing an un-curtained hotel window (we were pretty high up near the top floor) overlooking the Detroit...

10-19-2021, 08:48 PM By Alison H.
      • Reply to A night away - best sex in a long time

I've found that hotel sex is some of the best sex I've ever had, and I think it's absolutely because I'm away from my normal routine and (especially)...

10-15-2021, 08:06 AM By Kayla Lords
      • Reply to does birth control cause inflammation?

The risk of blood clots with birth control definitely exists, and I've read the same (that the risks of getting one from birth control is higher than...

10-15-2021, 08:04 AM By Kayla Lords

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• matebook 14

One easy way to transfer your apps - From Social Media, Banking apps to News Apps and many, many more - contacts, data, files and photos from your old...

Yesterday, 01:59 AM By cikoxob
      • does birth control cause inflammation?

people post risks of covid vaccine including inflammation & blood clots
        however, read that birth control has even higher risks than vaccine...

10-13-2021, 07:10 AM By amy40
      • Finishing Inside: Are You a Fan?

Hey, guys!

I just wrote an article about finishing inside your partner and the reasons why people do it and enjoy it. But here's the cool...

10-05-2021, 11:01 AM By Vanessa R.
      • Estradiol level is at 610

Hi,

I'm 37 and have been struggling with irregular periods for a few years. I spent quite some time with either not getting my period to...

10-05-2021, 03:42 AM By Janney
      • A night away - best sex in a long time

We have 4 kids and my husband and I never, ever go away just the two of us. We spent a night just us up in Salem, Mass just the two of us. My husband...

10-03-2021, 03:12 PM By CapeCRunner
      Working...
      X