Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10years and freakin out!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10years and freakin out!!

well, about 10 years ago i went to the e.r. becuz of stabbing pains in my pelvic region, it first felt like cramps and got worse , the doc told me he couldnt find anything but to guess he would say endometriosis, but to follow up with my gyno as soon *** possible. So i did and was basically ignored becuz it didnt hurt anymore, but she did a pap and it came back abnormal and it was precancerous cells on my cervix, so we did cryogenic. ever since i have been checked every 6-10 months and have had a total of 3 normal paps, but the other times i was just checked further and according to her everything was fine, unexplainable fine.
    now here it is 10 years later and within the last 2 years i have had heavy periods, lower back cramping, leg cramps, abdomen cramps, periods that last from 3-13 days, fatigue or weakness, spots of extreme moodiness ( i mean being a evil ***** for no reason), gas, constipation or diarrhea, spotting in between periods, spotting then starting 3 days later, starting every 2 to 3 weeks for a couple of months or nothing for 2-3 months. i have explained all of these symptoms to my new doctor and made sure she has all of my health file including my reg md file to be sure of a proper diagnostic. so i went to her about 4 weeks ago, abnormal pap and precancerous cells again, so the day i was supposed to go for the cryo i started my period i called the doctors office and was told that the doc couldnt do the procedure, so we reset the appt. for 13 days later due to my unreliable time frames, i went back to the doc to be told after looking that i was ovulating and being a married sexual active women she did feel comfortable going thru with it! i left there very aggravated but im sure she meant well. the day after i had a couple of spots but thought it was just from her opening me while i was ovulating, well today i am bleeding like a normal (not heavy) period! im so scared that that something is really wrong.
    thank you for reading this very lengthy thread! if anyone has any clue of what else could be wrong or think any of my symptoms match anything else?
    my new doctor is very nice but i feel like (as well as the last doctors) that i not being taken very seriously, and like theyve heard it all and its not as a big deal as i think.
    my leg cramps get so bad that i get charlie horses in the middle of the nite that wake me up, and bleeding 16days a month is not very good for my sex life (my hubby and i wanted to start a family sometime soon.)
    Thanks Again!Naillij

• ok... have you been to a serious doctor yet?

because i do believe you really need a colposcopy. what your symptoms sound like, judging by the abnormal cell detail, is possibly either a CIN (cervical intraepithelial neoplasia) III or carcinoma in situ caused by infection of HPV ten years ago or so.
    you really need to check yourself, and if im right, a cryosurgery or cauterization is not going to be enough. you will need a compulsory cone biopsy (to check how deep the damage goes and stage of displasia) and removal of affected area with loop electrosurgical excision, laser ablation... ive seen cases of severe carcinoma in situ treated with these and if done correctly, if you take good care, you will be left like a newborn child. after that, you will need to keep on taking good care of yourself. there is a new vaccine called gardasil by merck that is for high risk HPV strains.
    i may be wrong but its always good to check yourself. if you need intervention or not, its always good to have a check up every six months n these cases. pap smears tend to give false negatives, as in they give you false normal results. that happened to me. that is why i recommend a colposcopy. this is where the doctor inserts a camera with a sort of microscope to observe meticulously the cervical area.

hope this helps , dont get alarmed, find a doctor who takes you seriously.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• matebook 14

One easy way to transfer your apps - From Social Media, Banking apps to News Apps and many, many more - contacts, data, files and photos from your old...

Yesterday, 01:59 AM By cikoxob
    • Reply to does birth control cause inflammation?

I haven't read any documentation on inflammation related to birth control pills. The risk of blood clots is well documented especially among smokers or...

10-20-2021, 01:15 PM By atskitty2
    • Reply to A night away - best sex in a long time

I can completely relate. I remember having sex facing an un-curtained hotel window (we were pretty high up near the top floor) overlooking the Detroit...

10-19-2021, 08:48 PM By Alison H.
    • Reply to A night away - best sex in a long time

I've found that hotel sex is some of the best sex I've ever had, and I think it's absolutely because I'm away from my normal routine and (especially)...

10-15-2021, 08:06 AM By Kayla Lords
    • Reply to does birth control cause inflammation?

The risk of blood clots with birth control definitely exists, and I've read the same (that the risks of getting one from birth control is higher than...

10-15-2021, 08:04 AM By Kayla Lords

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• matebook 14

One easy way to transfer your apps - From Social Media, Banking apps to News Apps and many, many more - contacts, data, files and photos from your old...

Yesterday, 01:59 AM By cikoxob
    • does birth control cause inflammation?

people post risks of covid vaccine including inflammation & blood clots
      however, read that birth control has even higher risks than vaccine...

10-13-2021, 07:10 AM By amy40
    • Finishing Inside: Are You a Fan?

Hey, guys!

I just wrote an article about finishing inside your partner and the reasons why people do it and enjoy it. But here's the cool...

10-05-2021, 11:01 AM By Vanessa R.
    • Estradiol level is at 610

Hi,

I'm 37 and have been struggling with irregular periods for a few years. I spent quite some time with either not getting my period to...

10-05-2021, 03:42 AM By Janney
    • A night away - best sex in a long time

We have 4 kids and my husband and I never, ever go away just the two of us. We spent a night just us up in Salem, Mass just the two of us. My husband...

10-03-2021, 03:12 PM By CapeCRunner
    Working...
    X