Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soo, this whole subject of "Continous bleeding"

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soo, this whole subject of "Continous bleeding"

Alrightt. I'm 15, and as of today I've been bleeding 16 days. (I've read the threads and done what research I can, but I was wondering if anybody has gone through what I'm excactly dealing with..) The bleeding is really heavy, I've gone through a box of 60-70 tampons (the biggest I could find) during this bleeding. It was really more liquid-y in the start, and now is more bright red and clump-y. I do have some cramps, and they get pretty bad. I haven't had this problem before. I know that I'm going on the 3rd pack of my birth control Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo. My first cycle on this came a week early, and lasted 4 or 5 days. Not even a week and a half later, I started this heavy bleeding. I'm not a virgin, and I'm not going to lie, this is really getting in the way. I've noticed alot of people with this bleeding weren't on birth control. I'm possibly wondering if it's just THIS birth control. I recently have also just started a new depression medicine called 5-HTP. A couple days after is when I started to bleed. I am a little heavy set, but I've actually been losing weight, and I have weighed more and had regular periods. I would go to my doctor, but I get my birth control from a Free Clinic and to be honest, these people aren't the brightest. So, I figure it wouldn't hurt to throw this out here and see if any one has this same thing. I'm pretty desperate, so I figure it wouldn't hurt to try the Ginger. I think it wouldn't hurt to switch birth controls. I've tried Depo, Yaz, Desogen, and a couple others (I don't remember the names). The one I really liked was Desogen, it worked the best for me. (My parents didn't know I was sexually active and refused to put me on birth control, so for awhile I got mine through friends..I did have my mom take me to a free clinic before she left, and that's how I'm on this.) But, does anybody have any suggestions? I'd really love to hear opinions on if changing birth controls might help?
    Live life and don't regret. Follow your heart and chase your dreams. Do what makes you happy.

• I'd try and get in to have an exam. Definitely not normal to be bleeding like this. You may need to switch up your BC.

Comment

• I had the same prob, n was told that it may be an ovarian cyst. But I took Minigynon and now I'm back to normal

Comment

• I had a similar problem (I even posted a thread on here about it), except I was only heavy for about half as long as I was bleeding, not the entire time. I also am on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo and quite obviously have had similar results. This birth control in particular has the lowest amount of estrogen I know of on the market and it could be that your hormones are changing enough that you need more estrogen and less progesterone in your system.

Since you have changed birth control types and have had to get birth control from friends, I am going to guess that you haven't been able to take your pills at the same time every single day (until recently perhaps). Birth control can be finicky and a few missed pills or irregular ingestion of pills may have created this with you. I'm 22 and I have been on birth control since I was 18. When I was 18, 19, 20 years told, I would miss birth control pills without a problem. Then about a month ago I missed a couple pills and was bleeding like crazy for three weeks straight. So obviously, it can occur out of the blue.

My guess is that you should talk to your doctor about switching birth control. But you should also get examined, because it could be something, like Trudith said, such as cysts. I wish you luck!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X