Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soo angry at OB/GYN

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soo angry at OB/GYN

ok, soo a little backround. i was diagnosed with lymphoma (cancer in the blood like leukemia) on march 29th this year. well due to the suspicions of the dr's they decided to do all sorts of tests to make sure that the tumor in my stomach was the only tumor in my body. i got CT scans, Xrays, and an Pelvic Ultrasound. well these dr's had no issue with telling me i had cancer over the phone, but when the results of my ultrasound came back they started acting all wierd adn wouldnt tell me anything, just that i needed to see an ob/gyn. at that point i was scared. i go to Kaiser Permanente for my health care, so they just arranged an appt for me to see one of their ob/gyn's and i was ok with that.. i mean, it was only to get my results and i just moved here and dont have one yet. no biggie. so i've been stressing these results for 2 weeks, and then i get there with my fiance' and the nurse tells me to strip from the waiste down... and i said "no i'm only hear to get my results, and i dont care to have a male examine me and i'm on my cycle" and she walked out. can you believe that that stupid dr came in and refused to give me my results because i wouldnt let him give me a pelvic exam!!! OMG!! i cant believe he withheld information like that! i know it's something serious, and i heard a nurse mutter 'complex ovarian cysts" and i've been having alot of pain in that area... and i'm due to start chemo in june, so why is he being such a jerk?
    he made me go out to the lobby and make an appt with a female dr... and said very rudely, "well you wont let me examine you, and i'm not going to only do half the job, so you can get your info from the female dr." can you believe that??!!

jamie

• First of all, I'm so sorry to hear that your struggling with cancer, and my prayers are with you. Second, you're right! It sounds like this doctor is on a huge ego trip. Good for you for standing your ground. If you're uncomfortable being examined by a doctor, you have every right to refuse. I would at the very least make a complaint to the clinic he works for, and possibly a complaint to the medical board of your state. He could have shared the results with you then suggested a follow up with a different doctor. I'm no expert, but I wonder if it is legal for him to withhold your test results. When my mother was getting treated for cancer, we learned that sometimes you have to be very demanding (*****Y) to get the care that you need. Good luck and let us know how your treatment goes.

Comment

• thanks

thanks annieboo... i appreciate your response. i agree, that dr was on a major ego trip, his attitude was that of a child, 'if i cant have what i want then you dont get what you want' type of thing. it just really bothered me that he was basicly blackmaling me.... that if i wouldnt let him examine me in a private area i'm not comfortable with that i wouldnt get the valuable info i need. i even tried explaining it all to him and how i have cancer blah blah blah... no matter to him. pfft. i will be filing several complaints and thankfully my boyfriend was there with me to witness the whole thing.

so a day or so later, i get a call from the female dr's office, and the nurse tells me that i have complex ovarian cysts but the dr says i can start any treatment the oncologist orders. she too was confused about why he would withhold info. but she did say that the female dr wants me to come in for an appt so that she can examine me to check my ovary and all... which is cool with me. i'm still in shock over all this lol. wierd.

Comment

• crow3217

Hi, I have been recently diagnosed with lymphoma as well. I am still under going tests to find out what type it is. The Dr thinks it could be NHL. I can understand why you would be upset at that Dr for not telling you the results. What a jerk!

I have been having problems with my doctors as well. My Gp is wonderful but unfortunately i can't say the same for the hospitals here. My file got passed from one doctor to another and so on. Finally i had a female doctor ring me and say that she was handed my file and told to 'do something with it.'

I finally got in to see her 2 weeks later and she was helpful but that hospital couldn't help me and i was transfered to another hospital thats almost 2 hrs from where i live. I finally saw them last friday and the heamaologist was an idiot. He spent 40 mins trying to work out what tests he wanted me to have done and that i have to see him in a months time.

I am scared and I'm frustrated. I am only 27 yrs old and i have 4 young daughters (7, 6, 4, 2 yrs old) and a wonderful husband that i was hoping to grow old with.

I totally see where you are coming from and if you ever want to chat, just let me know. I really hope that things go well for you. Good luck!

Comment

• heyy

yeahh i am interested in chatting... i'll email you... thanks for replying, i've been really wanting to talk to someone that is going thru something simular. thanks!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Am I dumb to love him?

Welcome to WHI. You are not dumb. Who a person ends up falling in love with is often not a conscious decision. Trying to convert a person who views having...

Today, 08:20 AM By jns
          • Reply to Squirting and Orgasms in general, help

Your partner needs to spend a lot of time on foreplay. its all about foreplay. I'm just going to come out and say it. there is too much emphasis put on...

Today, 05:34 AM By Little_Man_in_the_Boat
          • Am I dumb to love him?

Guy make it very clear to girl that it just a "transaction". If girl agreed, they will have sex. If not then there nothing left to talk about....

Today, 04:17 AM By sahw2015
          • Reply to Cleaning your sex toys

I'm a big fan of soap and warm water to clean my sex toys. I don't worry about full sterilization because I don't share my toys and they rarely get so...

Yesterday, 01:29 PM By Kayla Lords
          • Reply to Why am I crying every time we have sex?

I hear two things in this....

You're going through your own stuff - gaining weight, feeling depressed, being kind of "out of it"...

Yesterday, 01:28 PM By Kayla Lords

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X