Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help please?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please?

I'm quite young and am scared about talking to anyone about this so I'm hoping someone here could give me some advice or solution/answer to my problems.

About 4ish months ago me and my ex boyfriend used to have quite vigourous sex, I noticed what looked like one lymph node develop on my Areola and since then they have multiplied around my vagina lips too, sometimes they are itchy and uncomfortable when having intercourse, also they seem to be just inside the anal too which when... Excuse my expression doing a '2' makes it itch. Also around the time me and my boyfriend was together we decided to try for a baby, I know it's a hard thing to do but nothing happened. I have had previous times when I had tried to go on the pill and it didn't work but didn't get pregnant and have had drunken nights of possible unprotected sex.

Now for the past month I think I have Bacterial Vaginosis which I have herd could also not be a sexual transmited desease.

I know a lot of you will be thinking "what has she done" but I have suffered hard with depression and my body has been the last thing on my mind to look after, now I feel like it's paying the price. I truly just need some help right now as I'm fed up and scared and worried about this.

I am living back with my mum now and she is nosy in what I do so going to the doctors has not been an option so far.

Quite a few members in my family has had trouble of miscarriage and cancer, I'm scared as I haven't Evan had a smear test yet.

What shall I do?

Thanks x

• Itchy bumps would be a good sign of an STD which would need at least evaluated by a doctor. Not exactly much else you can do about it. If you have unprotected sex you should be getting tested. Even if you have protected sex it's a good idea to get tested between every partner. Some things will get worse and harder to treat the longer you let them go and some STD's like hpv can contribute to cancer.

Comment

• If your mom knew that her "nosyness" has been preventing you from going to the doctor, she would be absolutely mortified. That's no excuse - go to the doctor. You have to. Sounds like you could very possibly have an STD which may get worse and worse as time goes on with it untreated, as kira said.

Why hasn't the pill worked for you? There are lots of different brands, and on top of that LOTS of different birth control methods you can try.

And I know this is none of my business, BUT, for what it's worth - I think you should postpone having a baby until you can get control over any depression you may have as well as control over your body and sexuality. I think we should be the best kind of people we can be before we have children, so that our kids can have something positive to look up to.

Start taking care of yourself because you're right, it's catching up with you now, and who knows what may happen down the line if you wait.

I'm glad you've joined this forum.

Comment

• Thank you both, I will make an appointment to see my doc asap.
        Well aside from my ex boyfriend leaving me I'm not planning on having a child until like you said the best we could be because stability in life is one thing I defenatly would have my child/children grown up from.
        I'm over my depression now, it was a hard battle to fight but when I moved back home I cried but then told myself to grow up and haven't looked back since, Evan my down days are nothing in comparison and am now able to cheer myself up

I'll talk again when I have been to the doc's so I can say a solution which might help someone else in the future. But I am going on hols this/next week x

Thanks again x

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X